[Chapter 6]

"Jeongyeon wait! Jeong, wait! Stop!"

Finally, just before I was about to give up on running she stopped.

Jeongyeon didn't move. She just stopped ruuing away from me but her back was facing me.

I put my hand on her shoulder and turned her around, only to see her...smiling?

"Jeongyeon? Are you-"

"I'm fine Nayeon. I'm...I'm happy for you. I wish you both the best"

"Why did you run though?"

Jeongyeon laughed awkwardly while rubbing her neck. Why does she look so uncomfortable?

"Sorry about that. I just thought I interrupted you guys and I felt embarrassed"

So that explains why she is acting like that.

"No! You didn't interrupt anything. Actually I-"

"Sorry Nayeon but I'm also running late for a meeting with my Father. So if you excuse I really have to go. I'll see you around!"

And with that Jeongyeoneft running again leaving me behind. I was about to turn around only to face a messy Jeongyeon.

A moment ago the weather was sunny but now it's black and dull. In front of me was a Jeongyeon who looked like she has been crying for hours.

Her eyes were bloodshot and swollen, her clothes and hair messy, as if she doesn't take care of herself anymore.

Jeongyeon wasn't facing me. Her eyes were only looking at their floor while she was trembling a little.

"Jeongyeon? What happened to you?"

Then she looked at me, eyes so dead, without their usual spark of life. She looked at me like she was asking me something.

"Why Nayeon? Why did you do that to me? What did I do to deserve this?"

Broken. Jeongyeon looked broken but why? And what is she asking me?

"What are you talking about Jeongyeon?"

Jeongyeon looked at me in disbelief and she also looked shocked from my answer.

"Forget it. I'll just leave. Goodbye Nayeon"

Then Jeongyeon turned around and started walking away from me again. I wanted to move, to make her stay, to not leave me again. But my legs just wouldn't move, as if I was paralyzed.

I just watched her walking away from me.

Again.

"Jeongyeon wait! Don't leave! JEONGYEON!"

×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~

"JEONGYEON!"

I shot up from...my bed?

"Nayeon, Calm down! It was just a dream!"

I looked besides me to where the voice was coming from, only to see Jihyo.

I immediately hugged her as tight as I could while she softly stroked my hair.

I don't know why but I felt a huge pain in my chest that lead me to start crying.

Jihyo hugged me tighter and tried to calm me down.

"Shhh, It was just a bad dream Nayeon. Just another bad dream."

It took me a few minutes but later I managed to calm down. Then the hangover hit my head.

"Ugh, my head!"