The Four Horsemen

So gather round young warriors now

and saddle up your steeds

Killing scores with demon swords

*************************

Lucy POV

I woke up with a text in my phone. It was from Rebekah. I haven't heard from her since the whole Alexander thing so I thought she skipped town.

"I'm back" Her text said.

I texted back, "And where were you?"

"Nobody told you? They daggered me."

I didn't know that. I sat up in bed and playfully slapped Nik's chest. He woke up and looked at me still half asleep. "What was that for love?" He mumbled laying back down.

"Rebekah was daggered again!" I yelled at him.

He shrugged closing his eyes again. I sighed getting out of bed and headed for the shower.

I stepped inside the shower and Nik was standing outside the door. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"Carol Lockwood's memorial service." I said.

Nik scoffed. "Why?"

"Tyler is my friend and Carol was always nice." I said.

Nik sighed before leaving. I got out of the shower and got ready for the funeral.

************************

I sat at the memorial service wedged between Stefan and Damon. Tyler and Caroline sat in front of us. Once Tyler saw me he glared.

I sighed. "Tyler I didn't know what he was doing. I'm sorry I actually liked your mom."

"Whatever." Tyler mumbled.

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing, that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members." Liz said. "But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident."

"Screw this." I heard Tyler say.

"What? Tyler?" Caroline asked getting up going after Tyler.

"Please join me in observing a minute silence in her memory." Liz said.

Everyone put their heads down for the minute of silence. I looked over to the other side of the gym and sees Rebekah. I closed my eyes and look over again, but Rebekah isn't there anymore.

"Are you okay?" Bonnie asked me.

"Be right back." I mumbled getting up. I went outside to the hallway to see Elena talking to April.

"April, what's wrong?" Elena asked her.

"Nothing. I'm fine." April said crying.

"But you're crying?" I asked cutting into the conversation.

April and Elena both looked up at me.

"It's just the whole mayor thing, you know. It's bringing stuff up about my dad." April mumbled.

Elena and I nod in agreement.

"And I know you're a vampire." April told Elena. "And you." She added pointing to me.

"Wait, what?" Elena asked shocked.

Rebekah came behind Elena breaking her neck.

"Was that necessary?" I asked Rebekah.