Strange Days

Strange days have found us

Strange days have tracked us down

They're going to destroy

Our casual joys

We shall go on playing

Or find a new town

***********************

Lucy POV

We pulled up into Nik's house in Italy. It was absolutely beautiful and along the coast giving a perfect view of the Mediterranean.

"Why don't you live here all the time?" I asked looking at the house.

"Well we can live here once the hunter problem is figured out." Nik said.

We were here looking for Alexander's grave. He was buried with him.

"Did you find the location?" I asked Nik.

"Yes I did I have people already digging there." Nik said getting out of the car and carrying my stuff in.

I walked inside and it was huge bigger than his house in Mystic Falls. He threw my bag on the floor and sighed. "Let's go love." He said.

"But we just got here." I whined wrapping my arms around him.

"I know but the quicker we find the sword the more time we have together." He smirked.

"Okay love." I said mocking him and walking out to his car.

*************************

I got out the car and looked around. There where men working hard and digging.

"I'm guessing you compelled them." I said.

Nik smirked. "Of course love."

My phone buzzed in my phone and I pulled it out. It was a text from Stefan.

'We have a problem.'

I sighed before calling him. Nik looked over at me confused.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked Stefan when he picked up.

"Connor escaped." Stefan said.

I sighed. "The hunter escaped." I said to Nik.

He growled. "Put him on speaker."

I put the phone on speaker. "What happened Stefan?" Nik growled.

"I don't know." Stefan said. "He cut off you hybrids head."

"I'd blame my numbing incompetence, but pointing fingers isn't going to help me, you're going to help me." Nik said.

"Well he could be anywhere." Stefan said.

"Think, Stefan." I said. "He took off a hybrids head which means he only wants one thing, werewolf toxin." I said.

"Which means he is planning to stay in Mystic Falls and kill vampires." Nik added.

I could hear Stefan sigh.

"Which is a pity, as I'm half the world away digging up a dead hunter, you'll have no access to my blood and therefore, the antidote. Nevertheless, his tattoo is our only map to the cure, so your task is quite simple; find him, catch him, and above all, keep him alive. He's no good to us dead." Nik said.

"Damon's been looking everywhere for him. If they cross paths..."

I interrupted Stefan. "Damon? Just by himself?" I asked. "What if he gets himself killed?" I asked.

"You'll need to keep Damon in check." Nik said.

Stefan sighed. "Stop telling me what to do in dealing with this. It would be a lot easier if I could just tell Damon about the damn cure."

"You trust Damon with the cure? I imagine he prefers Elena the way she is." I asked.

"Nice try but I trust Damon way before you Lucy or Klaus." Stefan said.

"Thanks twin." I mumbled.

"Klaus: And I trust no one. Which is why my family laid daggered in boxes. The more who find out about the cure, the more who will go after it. Nations have gone to war over less. You mark my words, tell one soul and I will throw the hunter's sword in the Mediterranean and we can end this quest right now. Am I understood?" Mink asked.

"Yeah sure whatever." Stefan said before hanging up.

"What a dick." I said.

********************

I was bored and sitting on the ground playing on my phone.

"Why don't you do something productive." Nik said throwing a shovel at me.

I glared at the shovel laying at my feet.

"Fine." I mumbled picking up the shovel. "I don't even like Elena."

I kept digging until I hear my phone ring again. It was Stefan.

"What." I said.

"Connor had hostages." Stefan said.

"So...what do you want me to do? I'm half way across the world trying to find a sword." I said.

"They have Jeremy." He said.

I sighed. "Great. Why is he always wrapped into this stuff?"

"I don't know but I'm taking care of it." Stefan said hanging up.

I looked at a digger. "Hurry up." I said compelling him.

"What's the matter love?" Nik asked coming behind me.

"The hunter had Pearl Jam." I mumbled.

"Little Gilbert? Well shit he is the only way to read the map." Nik sighed.

I rolled my eyes at him. "We have bigger problems."

*****************

I continued digging a hole until I hit something. I bent down and cleared the dirt away it was a coffin. I opened it up revealing very old bones, broken apart and a sword.

"Nik!" I yelled.

He sped over to me looking down on the hole.

"I found it." I said.

He smirked jumping down to pick it up. He helped me out of the hole brushing the dirt out of my face.

"Let's go then." He said.

I smiled before being interrupted by my phone. I groaned before picking it up.

"What do you want Damon?" I asked.

"Elena killed the hunter." He said.

I looked at Nik before hanging up.

"Looks like our vacation will be cut short we have to leave." He said.

"Why?" I asked. I didn't want to leave Italy just because the hunter was dead.

"Reasons that we don't have time to discuss right now love." He said walking away.