For What It's Worth

There's something happening here

But what it is ain't exactly clear

There's a man with a gun over there

Telling me I got to beware

***************************

Lucy POV

"Wake up love." Nik mumbled at me.

I groaned looking out of the car window.

"Come on we have to check on your friend Tyler." Nik said.

"He's a hybrid and he doesn't need protection." I said. "I want to go to Chicago."

Nik rolled his eyes. "The hunter attacked him."

"He's a hybrid?" I said

The hybrids are a dying breed and between you and me he's my favorite." Nik said.

"Then we have to go save Ty's ass again." I said. "Be happy I like Tyler."

*********************

We arrived back and Mystic Falls and Nik pulled into the Lockwood mansion. Nik and I got out of the car. I could hear Tyler and his mom talking.

"Who the hell are you two?" Tyler asked.

"Tyler, it's okay. They're here for your protection." Carol said to Tyler.

"More deputies?" Tyler sighed.

Nik and I walked in. "Not exactly." Nik said.

Tyler sighed. "Hybrids."

"We were halfway to Chicago when I heard you were attacked. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good, but duty calls." Nik smirked.

" Nice to know you care." Tyler said sarcastically.

"Come on Ty don't be a dick." I said.

"I don't care. I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart; leaving me in a coffin to rot." Nik said.

"Yeah, well you used my body as an escape hatch then kissed my girlfriend. So, maybe we're even." Tyler said.

"Not even close. But, you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left." Nik said.

Nik started to walk out. "Consider them your new body guards and Lucy stay here and keep an eye on them." Nik said leaving.

*******************

I was left with Tyler for the emotive day and the hybrids. I sipped by bourbon. "He means well Ty." I said.

He stopped throwing his football and looked at me. "If he means well he would leave me the hell alone."

"He doesn't want you to die." I said.

"Sometimes I think it would be better." He said.

I rolled my eyes at him. "What about Caroline? Your mom? Matt? Even me?" I asked.

I looked at the door to see a girl enter. I got up and pinned her against the wall by her throat.

"Haley?" Tyler asked.

"Hey Lockwolf." She said.

"Lucy let her go." Tyler said.

I let her go allowing her to fall to the ground.

"So, this is where you've been hiding, huh?" She asked.

Tyler got up giving Haley a hug she let go to push him in the chest hard.