Black

And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass of what was everything
All the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...
******************
Lucy POV
I sat in Nik's bed watching him paint a picture.

"What are you drawing?" I asked.

He smirked. "Nothing love."

"Come on let me see it." I said getting out of the bed and going behind it.

He pulled it closer to his chest so I couldn't see it. "Wait until it's done."

I rolled me eyes playful at him. "Fine."

I sat in the bed still watching Nik until my phone rang. It was Stefan.

"Why hello brother who trapped me in a witchy barrier." I told him.

Stefan sighed. "Lucy it's not the time." He said with sadness in his voice.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It Jeremy Silas drained him of blood he's dead." Stefan said.

"He had the Gilbert ring he's not dead." I said.

"It didn't work he was drained of blood." Stefan said.

I felt my world crumble...Jeremy was dead again.

"No Stefan...No...He can't be dead." I mumbled catching Nik attention. I slid on the ground putting my head between my knees.

"Stefan this is your fault!" I yelled crying. Nik came over confronting me.

"You had to save Elena from a fate that has already been chosen. What do you think happens when you around vampire?" I asked. "Now Pearl Jam, an innocent kid is dead!" I yelled.

"Don't be a hypocrite Lucy you killed him before." Stefan said.

This made me cry harder. I was unable to talk. Nik took the phone out of my hand talking to Stefan. I didn't care what they were saying. Pearl Jam was dead he was dead again.
****************************
Nik took me to the Gilbert house. Neither of us were talking. Meredith went over to Jeremy lifting up his arm.

"You're not gonna find any vitals. It's the same thing that Ric used to go through. He'd just be dead until then he wasn't. Once, I remember he was gone for almost an entire day. Ric died, like, 4 times before he lost his mind and Jeremy has died a few times, too-- 3, I think-- so we're gonna have to--so we'll have to keep an eye on him because I don't want him to go crazy just like Ric did." Elena said.

Meredith glanced at Stefan, and I. I gave her a small nod.

"Elena... it looks like Jeremy died of extreme blood loss. His neck also appears to be broken. The lack of blood explains why there's no lividity, but his muscles have tightened past the point of rigor mortis." Meredith said.

"No." Mumbled.

"If he's left unattended to, soon he'll start to bloat. Within a few hours, his skin will discolor, and--" Meredith said.

"No. He's-- Stop, okay? Just stop. He's not dead. " She said crying.

"I need you to release the body to me. We'll get him to a funeral home and prepare him for a viewing where you and his friends can say goodbye to him." Meredith said.

Elena ran at Meredith slamming her against the wall. "He's not dead, okay?" Elena cried.

I ran off pulling Elena off of her. "Elena, stop it." I told her.

"Now you're all about science? Where was your science when you used vampire blood to save my life, huh? There is no science here. It's just magic. We need magic. We have to find Bonnie. Bonnie can fix this. Somebody just get me Bonnie!" Elena cried.