•◦ 12 ◦•

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER TWELVE
• sғғᴇʀɪɴɢ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER TWELVE• sᴜғғᴇʀɪɴɢ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

The stress and anxiety are never-ending. There's not a day you don't cry. There's not a day you don't wait by your phone. There's not a day you don't think of him.

That's what not hearing about Jungkook for the past two weeks does to you. It also makes your senses more alert, but not in a good way.

You get jumpy whenever you hear a knock at the door or your phone rings because you don't know if it'll be a bad guy, a good guy, or Jungkook.

"The number you are–"

Why do you still try? You don't even know the answer to that, but it's a question you ask yourself every day.

The boys have ended all contact with you, so you couldn't call them either. You had stopped by Jungsik's house a few times. All times your request to seeing him was declined because either he wasn't home or he didn't want to speak to you.

You just wanted to talk to him, make sure Jungkook was alive and well, but he didn't even tell you that. You needed closure, you needed to know if he was okay, but there was no way in knowing.

Your hands are in your hair as you rest your elbows on your knees. You wipe away your tears, but more are welcomed.

You walk into the kitchen and to the medicine cabinet, taking out pain relievers. You take two pills to help with the pounding in your head.

A sudden ring at the gate startles you. You set your glass down and dry your face. You walk over to the camera by the kitchen door to see a guy in a luxurious car. You press on the speak button on the intercom beside the camera.

"What do you want?"

"Good evening. There's something I need to talk to you about. It involves your boyfriend."

You scoff, "How do I know you're not an asshole trying to kill me."

"You don't," The man shrugs. "I guess this is a trust test."

You take a deep breath in and press the open button.

"Good choice." The man says before driving his car up the driveway.

You open a drawer of the table beside the couch and take out the Smith & Wesson 686 Jungkook had given you for your protection months ago. You raise up your shirt and tuck it in behind your back just how Jungkook always did.

Soon enough, there's a knock on the door. You fix your shirt and go to open it. A fairly tall guy stands on the opposite side of you.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am. My name is Kang Chulmin," He introduces himself.