C H A P T E R 35

Enna's P.O.V

Joey was tossing and turning quite a lot as he lay in my bed, his body coating with sweat making his hair stick to his forehead. His eyebrows were slightly scrunched together, like he was thinking about something, maybe someone, but he didn't want to. I bit my lip in concentration, wondering if I should wake him up.

Instead, I sighed and moved off the bed, careful to not wake him up. Whatever he was thinking about right now, was something he had been doing since we got here. After putting all the stuff away into their designated places, I saw Joey looking exhausted so I suggest he go to my room and nap for a bit, which he did without complaint.

I guess it was because he was going to be on my bed. It had been hours now and I wasn't sure whether I should call Josette or not to tell her that Joey was safe and here, but if Josette was worried she would have rung Joey and his phone hadn't moved from its place on my nightstand since he put it there.

There was a little part of me that worried he was having another withdrawal, but he didn't look feverish and my room was quite hot. Biting my lip again, I moved away to my bedroom door, glancing at his naked torso and blushing. When I came into the room, I was surprised to see that he made himself at home, but this was Joey after all.

I pushed myself to move out of my own room and let him sleep, but a part of me wanted to stay. I already made up some lie if Joey was going to wake up and be snarky about me watching him sleep: I made lunch for you since you didn't have a lot to eat. It wasn't exactly a lie considering that I did make food for the both of us.

"For God's sake." I whispered to myself. I could have just eaten on my own and studied while I was at it, but my mind kept moving back to Joey. He wasn't really here, I couldn't believe it. He decided to actually take time out to...help me. There was always that belief I had that Joey did have at least one caring bone in his body, towards other people at least.

A sudden sound from Joey made me jump when I saw him shoot up in a sitting position. His eyes were bewildered and his muscles tense and yes, I was eyeing him shamelessly, but he didn't seem to notice as he tried to grasp what was going on, probably where he was. Then, his eyes settled on me and a breath of relief released from his mouth before he lay back down.

"Joey...Joey, wake up I made food." I said, my voice seemed so distant from myself as I tried to not stutter or trip over my own words. Wincing, I moved forward towards my bed, not wanting to fall asleep again, but also not wanting to wake him up so suddenly.

Seeing no avail in him waking up whatsoever, I pulled the covers over him and walked out of my room, feeling slightly flush at looking at his body once again. I literally had to take a little breather when I walked out of my room and closed the door. There was a boy in my bed, a man more like; if my aunt was ever to find out about this, I would die.

A solemn feeling washed over me once I remembered the state of my aunt, who was still in hospital. If she was to kill me for anything else, it would be the lack of food left in this house after she warned me to make sure I take care of myself.

Shaking my head, I walked over to my table and begun to study and eat, trying to get my mind off the fact that I had Joey's half naked self was sleeping in my bed but the more time it flashed through the my eyes, the more I remembered that it wasn't a dream but in fact a reality. I shook my head, hoping that my studies would help.

It all stopped when I heard the doorbell ring a couple thousand times. I practically jumped out of my seat, dropping my sandwich as I jogged to the door, hoping that the noise hadn't woken up Joey. Again, my mind had gone back to the same guy that was on my bed, pouting his lips into the air.