C HA P T E R 14

Zacznij od początku

The little baby had fallen asleep and since Enna didn't have any baby stuff, she was currently making a make do carrier. I had suggested that she sleep on the couch in the front room, but after her waking up and crying (due to the new environment), Enna said I should try this instead and it was...weird.

While I was supporting Skye's head and my other hand on her butt, Enna had began to wrap a thick and long stole around my mid torso and around Skye. You got the point, didn't you? It was amazing how much this girl could blush by the slight touch of our skin, amusing really but then what else would you expect from a virgin nerd on her monthly?

"She's all wrapped up." Enna whispered, looking at Skye. The pain was evident in her eyes, but as soon as she caught me staring at her, she looked away and starting putting the utensils in the sink and ignoring me until I caught her wrist. The nerd sighed and looked up at me, then laughed softly.

"What?" I questioned, my voice gruff. My expression that I held was annoyance and I was a little ticked off when Enna continued laughing, that was until my grip on her wrist tightened and she gasped. "What were you laughing at Enna? I don't like being laughed at, especially by someone like you, Sugar." I eyed her lips for a couple seconds, until she pulled herself out of my grasp.

"I was only laughing at how serious you looked while having a sleeping baby on you." Her tone was rough and clipped, very contrasting to what it was like before. She walked back to the sink, all lines of funniness gone from her face as she turned on the faucet and began to start washing up. I sighed and shook my head, wanting to tease her or make fun of her but I had Skye on me.

"It's clear you miss her." I stated, gathering all the ingredients that were used. Enna didn't stop moving, she continued the washing up so I continued talking. "The way you look at Chelsie and Skye, the way you take care of them is like...it's like they are yours to take care of. Christ, I don't even know what I'm trying to get at." No words still, just the soft snores of Skye.

"You're trying to make me feel better about having children in my life again. No one can replace my sister, I still love her and miss her but...Skye and Chelsie are a reminder for what I used to have all the time. Daisy didn't grow to be the age of Chelsie, but she's so alike with Daisy. I don't even expect you to understand, Joey." She said to me, her voice turning into a whisper.

On instinct, I walked up behind her and pulled her away from the washing up. I made her turn around, but she wouldn't look at me. It was evident that she was crying; whenever Josey would cry, she would pretend to hide away from the world like some sort of an idiot. Thick blobs of tears ran down Enna's face and my stomach churned.

"Look, nerd, don't expect me to be caring about you when you cry. But fuck do I know what it would feel like to lose one of the girls." I told her, but she took her glasses off and tried to get away from me, so I grabbed her arm. "Neither of them are my sisters and I know that whatever I say doesn't mean fuck all to you, but...Enna turn around."

She reluctantly did so, eyeing Skye with her lips open partially. I looked down at Skye and noticed she was wide awake, just clutching onto my shirt. "Joey, I understand that you don't know what to say but thanks for trying. For helping, just...just go?" She asked me, hiding her face away. I opened my mouth to say something, but Skye's grip on me got tighter.

I backed away fro the kitchen, feeling a set rage reign down on me making me want to get out of here. Carefully, I took the stole off of me and put it down on the couch and then walked to Chelsie and Addison. Addison knew something was up before she sighed and smiled lowly at me, I didn't return the gesture.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Come here, buddy." Sweat matted my body as I stepped closer to the words of the unknown, but familiar man. Everything was dark and murky; the fog was evident in the air and it made things a lot more harder to see. Still, I had taken the necessary steps to get closer to where the voice was leading me.

Moans and groans had filled my ears as branches and thorns had scratched my body. The moans had gotten louder, feminine sounds from the voice I was hearing but it was overcast by the deep chuckling that felt like it was close to me, next to me almost. However, when I did manage to turn around, I was met by the darkness.

I turned around and continued on the path until a bright light filled my vision. Shading my eyes from the mass of light with my hand, I squinted past that to see a girl, naked. Her hands were all over her body, massaging certain parts making a smirk rise to my face. I didn't waste any more time in walking up to her and just as I went to touch her hair, she disappeared.

"Joey." The voice was light, but seductive. It was hypnotising and almost as addictive as a drug, which was probably why I had walked more. Giggles now filled my ears and finally, the girl turned around and to my surprise it was Enna. Her naked body was the focus of my eyes, but small bruises started forming on her.

When I looked back up at her face, she held the same sad face as she had done earlier this evening. The sad look on her face just reminded me of every time Josey would look at me like that...just standing there, calling out:

"Help me."