Phase 4

I stared at Mojo as he made pathetic attempts to come out of the cuffs.The sociopathic side in me was giddy seeing him all tied up and helpless with no place to go and no one to help him. I gave him a sinister smile and I sat balanced on the arm chair in the hotel room.
"Let's make this easy shall we," I murmured enjoying him squirm. "Mojo or whatever your name is,
"I am sure you remember me, because if you don't, I can gladly revamp your memory." I told him
"What do yo want from me?" He blurted out like a helpless child trying to let himself free of a grip of an adult.
"Tsk, tsk, tsk, Mojo, Mojo, the thing is that what can I give you?" I said with a grin.
"I  no understand,"  he said with pleading eyes.
"I go give you anything," He pleaded his eyes begging. I was quite sure that if his hands and feet were free, he'd be on his knees. "just name am...but abeg just release me."
The thing was that I did not want him to be free I wanted him to pay for every pain he caused me; the nightmares, making my father helpless when he raped me and the psychological trauma in the first year after that night that made me go into panic mode whenever I came in contact with any man. People even started thinking I was running mad.
"The thing Mojo, is that I don't want your money, you should know by now that I have that already.
"I want revenge, simple and straight forward."
He looked bewildered.
"Abeg I get wife and plenty pikin," He pleaded, "abeg no kill me."
"Don't read into things Mojo, I want revenge," I said pausing to look at my nails. I knew my actions were annoying and Mojo as always gave me a reaction that I know would make me laugh for years. "I don't want to kill you Mojo, revenge comes in different ways," I told him. The truth is that I wanted him dead but I don't want to kill him with my own hands, if I did I would have to hide from chief Suleiman because he will find out through investigations that I killed him and I won't have revenge on him and that can't happen.
"So this is what I want," I said innocently, "I want you to go to chief Suleiman and inform him on how to have been gaveling extra marital affairs with his wife." Huh, it sounded like I was talking about the weather. The poor thing.
"Then also tell him that you are the father of his last child." Ouch. I informed him.
He looked astonished as if I had just told him he had cancer and wouldn't be able to survive.
"You dey mad?, abi na craze you dey craze?" He jerked the cuffs roughly "You want make him kill me ni?" He asked, the fear evident in his tone.
"Yes mojo I'd like that very much," a small smile appeared on my lips, "good to know you're following. You see Mojo, I want you dead but I don't want to be the one to kill you myself.
"This is the best way I can get rid off you. You might ask why not just kill me and end your misery?
" I don't want your wife and children to suffer for your misdeeds so I won't leek the pictures, the videos and the DNA results, they are innocents who are very unlucky to have you as their father and husband.
"So instead of disgracing you and chief Suleiman will still end up killing you why not save you the trouble and settle the issue in House." I explained.
"I am sorry."  He said with tears lining the corner of his eyes, something i didn't care for.
'Sorry?" I shook my head bitterly, I wasn't going to lose my cool. "Sorry won't bring back my father and make me the once normal girl I used to be." I said standing up.
"You have two days to do this and if you don't do it, you know the rest. Don't try to touch me or even Dora, trust me, death would be better than what you'd get. Let's just say I have guardian angels who would continue my revenge in case of some unusual setback.
"So mojo instead of thinking of how you will get rid of me, think of how you will say your final goodbyes to your undeserved family," I said placing the hood back on my head. A look of defeat crossed his face and he collapsed on the hotel bed.
"Ciao, ciao, rest in peace." I said smiling at him
I headed for the door of the room and immediately turned back towards him.
'One more thing before I go."
I raised my feet and stepped on him where the sun never shines and he let out a deep scream.
'That is for what you did to me years ago."
With that I left the room and went straight to the reception to inform the receptionist of the screams I heard upstairs when I was in my room and left the hotel.
              *         *         *
I got home in the evening and sent Dora a sum of money for a job well done. Mama Aisha was still around, I assumed she came late today. I couldn't think of anything to eat so I made a mental note to get food from the eatery down the road. I informed mama Aisha i needed to run some errands and left.
I closed the gate to start the walk to the eatery when I saw Nuhu coming towards me. He wore a polo shirt and shorts which exposed his muscular thigh with the polo hugging his body to give him a bad boy flare.
"Hey, Rahila." He greeted pulling me out of my thoughts, as I realized I was gawking at Nuhu the whole time, this was the first time I took note of his features; he had honey brown eyes on a chiseled face with nose like that of the Fulanis'
"Hey," I said
"Going somewhere?"
"Yeah, just wanted to get something to eat," I replied.
"That will make two of us, I was just going to have lunch at the new eatery down the road, we can go together."
'Sure' I shrugged even though I wanted going alone.
          *              *            *
The walk to the eatery was awkward because whenever Nuhu tries to bring up a conversation I replied with short answers but the crazy thing was that he never gave up, he kept on trying to bring up conversations.
We got to the eatery and Nuhu brought up a suggestion to eat there so that I could get to know him but I did not want to know him, Or that was what I wanted to tell myself.
"What do you want to eat?" He asked me
"Jollof Rice would do." I don't actually eat anything outside apart from rice because mama Aisha cooks my meals most time but I was too hungry to wait for her.
"Have you eaten Brabiscoe before?" He inquired
"No." I said
"Then you have to, I promise that you will love it." He said
He made his order and came to sit on the chair opposite me.
"Tell me about yourself Rahila." He said looking at me as if answers would suddenly appear.
"What is there to know?' I said trying to end whatever is it he could start.
'Anything, Just anything to solve the mystery that is you."
"Mystery..." I murmured smiling
"Wow, she smiles, I would give anything to see that again," he said placing one hand under his chin. He reached out to pull the hood away from my head.
"I like this view better." he said and I smiled again.
Something about Nuhu made me feel different, like I could do anything I want when he was around. He wanted to touch my face but I flinched and turned my gaze away from him. He noticed my reaction and withdrew his hands.
The waiter brought the food to the table, Nuhu was right, I loved it. The night was quite eventful even though Nuhu knew little of me, I found out many things about Nuhu and how he was the first child and only son of his parents and that his father loved him very much even though he did not agree with his father's policies, he was sought of a prodigal son and that he was a doctor.
As we walked to our respectful houses.
"I guess I will see you around," I said realizing that I meant it.
He touched the side of my face with his fingertips and the calloused skin on his thumb grazed the hollow of my throat. My eyelids fluttered closed as he lowered his lips to mine.
"See you around." He whispered.
           *              *              *
As I opened the door to the house and slumped on the chair, I realized something was changing inside me.
I had the notification sound of my phone and saw a message from Nuhu
'everything would be alright and don't forget to smile 😊'
I felt what I haven't felt in yearsm inside me. Dropping my phone I got another notification from Ade stating that through the surveillance footage of chief Suleiman house he hacked, he saw Mojo being shot dead.
I smiled to myself could this day get any better one down one more to go.

GLOSSARY
'I no understand': don't understand
'I go give you anything': I will give you anything
'Just name am abeg...': all you have to do is name it
'Abeg I get wife and plenty pikin': I have a wife and kids
'You dey mad': are you crazy
'You want make he kill me': you want him to kill me
Fulani; a tribe in Nigeria