Phase 2

Ade left the house almost thirty minutes after he came. He knew I didn't like him staying too long in my house. I met Ade at the university in my third year. Three months later Baba was killed. Right in front of me. I kept my relationship with Ade even though my relationship with others suffered immensely. I don't blame them. I never tried hard enough. In fact, the only reason I didn't push Ade away was because I needed his geek services. He was probably the only person that put up with my attitude. I mean it. I've even had to hire a new housekeeper every month because they kept quitting. Mama Aisha, I'd bet, would be quitting really soon. She can't maintain tolerance for much longer with me around. I always had a tendency of draining people out of that particular value.
I stared at the file Ade brought in. All the info I needed to ruin Chief Suleiman were contained in it. All his import connections, his connections in the electoral commission, virtually everything that would cause a scandal during his campaign. I was going to hit him first from the root of his financial strength, then ruin him socially and his political career but I had unfinished business with that hit man of his that always followed him around like a lost street dog.

****
Mama Aisha prepared dinner and had left.
I ate and was about to close all my windows and doors when I heard a knock on the gate. I took my pocket knife from the table before I went out to open the gate you can never be careful this days. I even heard of robbers raiding the area close to mine. Not like I cared though. I carried the knife around for other reasons anyways the only reason Baba died was because I opened the gate.
The knock became insistent. "Abeg who be that?" I demanded as I snatched the gate open and stuck my head out. A young man's hand was raised as if to knock again. "What do you want?"
"Sorry to bother you but I think your electricity bills were accidentally delivered at my house. Are you Rahila Sarki?"
I almost felt stupid for reacting the way I did. Almost.
"I am." I replied icily.
"This is your's then," he said handing it to me.
"Thanks."
"I'm your new neighbor. My name is Nuhu."
"Goodnight Nuhu." I said and closed the gate just as he was about to say something else. I don't have time for neighbors and their wahala. I never did. Even the rents collected from the tenants were collected by an agent.

I needed to catch some sleep, I had so much to do tomorrow. God, today was a total waste, except from the intel I got from Ade, I literally did not do anything thing else.

***
'Please stop, please stop I pleaded with the man in the hood to let me go'
He dragged my hair and threw me across the floor, He picked up the gun he used to shoot my Baba's knees and aimed at his head. I tried to get up and fell against the wall. I was bleeding from almost every hole in my body. I tried again. I already knew what would happen. I relive this scene everyday. I wouldn't get up in time. I couldn't scream. I was too weak. Too much of a daddy's princess. He would aim the gun at my father, my Baba, and shoot. I would be too late again.
"Please..." a voice begged. I wasn't sure it was mine anymore. He placed his finger on the trigger. I awoke with a jerk.
It was the night terrors again, I needed to end the constant pain I have been feeling for the past years...I needed to avenge Baba.

Glossary
Wahala : troubles
'Abeg who be that?' : a rude way of asking 'please who is there?'