"The truth?"

"No, lie to me." Jimin says and you roll your eyes.

"Well, um... I want to leave him," You confess.

The tightening of your throat made it hard for you to speak as tears gathered in your eyes.

"But I can't."

Jimin looks at you with distress in his eyes. He hated seeing his best friend suffering right in front of him.

"There's moments when I know he's bad for me and I know I should leave him, but I love him. I love him so much, Jimin, and I don't think I can live without him."

"Love?" Jimin chuckles painfully. "If that mother fucker really loved you, he'd never even think about hurting you."

"Jimin–"

"He's so toxic for you, Y/N!" Jimin interrupts you. "You're so dumb! You deserve so much better! You deserve someone who truly loves you and treats you like a princess! Someone who cares for you and would do anything for you!"

"And Jungkook does all of those things!" You shout back. "Forget it, Jimin. I don't even know why I came to talk to you. I knew you'd just think I'm an idiot, and maybe I am, but I don't care. I just needed you to be there."

You grab your bag and leave his apartment. Jimin is left distraught, hand scratching the back of his head as he curses under his breath.

• • •

||▹track playing: my body is a cage - arcade fire||

The strong winds made by the helicopter landing on the helipad causes all the boys' hair to dishevel, their suit jackets flapping around.

The helicopter lands and a man jumps out of it. He opens the door to start unloading the cargo. Taehyung opens the back of the van and they start the process.

Jungkook is left to deal with the money as the others unload. Not long after, he joins the boys to help.

"We're looking at him right now, boss," The girl who watches from a building's rooftop speaks into the walkie-talkie. "You say when."

"What is he doing right now?"

"He's unloading the cargo."

"Wait until he's smiling," The man orders. "I want to kill that fucker when he's happy and thinks everything's okay."

And just as if on cue,

"Another fucking successful mission!" Jungkook shouts above the noises of the departing helicopter. "I swear we're gonna rule the fucking world!"

"There's that smile, boss."

The man looks at the picture of him and his son on his desk, "End him."

"Copy that."

The girl charges her M40 rifle. She closes one eye and the open one looks through the aim-point. She watches him laugh for a moment, her finger hovering over the trigger before pushing down on it.

The bullet of a M40 travels almost as fast as the speed of sound, meaning, if someone shoots at your heart, you wouldn't even hear the sound of the gun that killed you.

A/N: this is totally not true, but it sounds bad ass to me so 🤚🏼

• • • •

The moment you saw the name 'Hoseok' light up on your screen, you knew something was wrong. Not only because he has never called you before, but something in your gut told you too.