Kuroko x Reader

Reattaching the Lost Shadow

This was requested by @Haruki_Kuroko. I'm happy to write this since they gave me such a great plot to work with. I made a bunch of Peter Pan references in this oneshot because Peter loses his shadow. In the book, Nana shuts the window fast, trapping his shadow in the bedroom. When Peter finds his shadow again, he can't reattach it and Wendy must sew it on with a needle and thread. So yeah that's some background for this oneshot, I hope chu all enjoy it and I wanna say thanks for 1K reads. I love all my readers and appreciate all da support. When I originally made this, I never figured that so many people would read, request and vote for this so thanks a bunch. :3

~Fab Chi

Kuroko Tetsuya has been a shadow all his life, finding different lights throughout the years. You were his first light, your friendship lasted for many years during elementary school. As best friends, you and your shadow stuck together like glue.

That was until one day, the window was shut, catching your shadow on one side and you on the other. The "dog" that shut it was your parents, whom were making you move away because of a job offer.

Now after many years with both of you in high school, you are reunited. The only problem was you didn't possess the needle and thread to reattach your shadow. After you had moved, you and your parents were in an accident, killing them and you lost your memory of your childhood and shadow.

~First Day of School~

"Class, this is (Y/N), she lived around here when she was younger so some of you may know already," the teacher announced to the class and a certain blue-haired boy glanced up.

You were the same as in elementary school, a strong girl with an outgoing personality, that part never changed. You grew in time as all children do but you didn't change that much in appearance.

Kuroko, though seemingly expressionless, felt really happy that he had found his light once more.

~Time Skip~

You sat awkwardly at your desk during morning break, knowing no one, at least that you can remember. You look around the room, scanning the people and you felt drawn to a small blue-haired boy, whom talked with a huge guy with fiery red hair.

You get up and walk over to the pair with a bright smile. "Hey, I'm (last name, first name)." You introduced your self.

"I'm Kagami Taiga," the red-head says and you turn your attention to the blue-one. A?N: XDDDDD the blue one, Kuroko is now completely blue, XDDDD  jk, jk

Before he could say his name, you say, "Tetsu-chan?"

Kagami looks at you, confused and you look equally confused and both you look at Kuroko.

Kuroko gives Kagami a look that says I'll explain later and then looks at you, "I'm Kuroko Tetsuya."

You smile, "Then you are Tetsu-chan," you say warmly. You could tell that three of you were bound to be good friends, especially you and Kuroko. That was the first step and stitch to reattaching your shadow.

~Time Skip~

"Hey Kuroko, explain why (Y/N)san called you Tetsu-chan." Kagami asked Kuroko as they walked home after basketball practice.

Kuroko's normal blank expression softened and he showed more emotion than every before. "(Y/N)chan was my first light back in elementary school, but she moved away.  It's weird though she isn't the same... it doesn't seem like she to remember." As he said that, he seemed discouraged.

Kagami noticed this and said, " She was your first love, wasn't she? I'm sure that she'll remember you."

~Time Skip~

After spending time with Kuroko for a few months, more stitches are sewn and your bond becomes stronger than before. You slowly regain your memories of the times with Kuroko and your feelings for  him as well.

You and Kuroko were walking home one day, a rare occasion that he didn't have basketball practice though you loved to watch, seeing your shadow's powers put to use.

"H-hey, Tetsu-chan, do you hate me?" You hesitantly ask.

"What? Why would you think that, (Y/N)san?" Kuroko says. He didn't use chan because he didn't want to freak you out and he didn't know if you remembered him.

"Because I left and then forgot about you, and that makes me feel bad," You said gloomily.

Kuroko was really happy that you remembered him. He showed a rare smile and says, "Don't look so sad (Y/N)chan, I like you better when you smile."

You look at Kuroko and sees he is serious, "I like you when you smile as well, Tetsu-chan."

"Really? Well, I love you, (Y/N)chan." Kuroko says and gives you a sweet kiss. And with that kiss the final stitch was was sewn, completely reuniting you with your shadow and your love.

Okay guys what did you think? I apologizes any OOC bc it seems like I made Kuroko OOC, honestly I'm tired, I've been writing oneshots like everyday for this or my friend. I was planning to also post my Kagami x Reader tonight which is my Halloween oneshot but I'm tird plus I don't know if I can finish it before midnight. I'm gonna try but this is a warning about it ahead of time.

~Fab Chi