Thirty-Nine

You pass the examination on the teacher's table before going back to your seat and put your pen inside. You hang it on your shoulder and went out of the room, leaving the remaining students that are still answering their exams.

You walk alone to the grass field and sat on a bench that was under a big tree. Jeon Jungkook's suspension was done since last month, but even after that it still feels like he's on a suspension since you never saw him in the campus.

Somehow, it feels like he's avoiding you. But maybe, you're just assuming things. He should be busy with the past month since he's a senior.

You watch the field, the wind blows like an ice touching your skin as December nears. You can only see a couple of students walking on the field while the whole campus is silent, classrooms filled with anxious students. Your flight is almost near.

You remembered the last talk you had with Jimin on this same bench last week. It's been a long time since you've been left with only him.

"Your reputation is finally clean. So what about your issue with Jungkook? What do you plan to do with that?" He asked suddenly that you couldn't answer immediately.

You avoided his gaze. You haven't talked about Jeon Jungkook. You didn't want to talk about him because his name makes your heart ache.

"Y/n, you can't just leave everything unresolved. You have to clear things up with him so that you can finally move on and start a new life." He said.

He was right. If you really wanted to move on and fix yourself, you have to atleast talk to him and have a closure. You admitted that you didn't gave him any time to explain himself because of your emotions winning, but even though you gave him his time, you know that everything will all lead to this. You going away, to mend yourself.

The only thing that makes you wonder at night is, would you listen and change your mind about him if he explain his side? Maybe not, because nothing would change. He still hurt you, he still broke you.

But now, that you wanted to seek the peace of mind you longed for, you'll give him this chance to explain, to finally move on and heal. So you got up and walk to the Journalist's room.

You knock first at the door before you enter. You walk closer to a table where you sa feet set above the table. You saw Yoongi sitting on his swivel chair with a cap on his face, his arms crossed against his chest, he snores silently.

You sighed. You walk back to the table that you were assigned to use. You reach for a box on the corner and slowly set your things on the table in the box. After you fix your papers, you'll be moving to Australia. It's getting nearer but it feels like it will took ages for it to happen.

After cleaning the table, it felt so empty in your place. Even your post it were gone now, the only thing you left was the pencil holder and the files on the side of your table that you did. You smiled sadly, thinking of the days where you spent most of your hours in the school working and sitting here. The times where you went home when the school's almost close.

You walk to Yoongi's desk again with your box full of your stuff, he didn't even change his position from earlier. You set your box on top of his table, you knock on his table. His snoring stopped, his hand moved to take off the cap covering his face.

His eyes were squinting as he look at you and his lips were frowning. You smiled at him, then you smiled a letter on his desk. You saw his eyes follow your letter.

"What's that?" He asked, putting his feet down the desk.

"My goodbye letter for you." You said.