Twenty-Eight

"Do you want me to sit beside you?" Taehyung asked as you sit down on the table for lunch.

You look up to him and smiled, "Yeah, sure."

He stared at you for a while before he sat beside you, putting his tray infront of him. Jimin pouts across you as his eyes goes back and forth from you and Taehyung.

You're not sure if you'll tell him everything that happened but seeing him right now, you know he's already formulating something and it won't be that long before he comes up with a theory. And with Taehyung never leaving your side and always has his eyes on you, Jimin will go nuts in a minute now.

"Are you guys dating now?" He says, his eyes turning into slits as his arms fold against his chest.

And his observation is done, here goes his conclusion. You felt awkward, the heat comes up to your face and got stucked there. You try to find Wendy in the crowd for distraction because you don't know what to say to Park Jimin.

"Only if she agrees." Kim Taehyung replied.

"So you want to go out with her for real?!" Jimin screeched that made you shut your eyes tightly.

"Yes." The boy sitting beside you said while you lowered your head.

"Why? I mean, do you like my best friend?" Jimin sounded confused at first but later on, he sounded more interested.

He's so interested in it that you felt like you want to here Taehyung's answer too. Will he tell Jimin that its because of Jungkook? Or will he keep it to himself? Is he going to lie that he really likes you? Because Kim Taehyung liking you feels surreal, he's from Australia, he came here like a month ago, the administrator's son and will he admit that he actually likes you that's why he's doing this?

Seems impossible to hear.

"Because she needs me." He answered seriously.

There he goes again about you needing him. The more he says it, the more you want to shield him away from you. The thought of hurting him scared you, it made you guilty although it was just a possibility for now. He doesn't need to be in this mess. He doesn't need a complicated life because of you.

He doesn't need to fix you. Because you won't let others fix you. You wont. That's your job and not his. You are not a liability. A responsibility. An obligation.

You sighed, "I'm sorry, I have to go. I need to do something. Kim Taehyung, you can stay here." You said before standing up and leaving them.

Maybe if you distant yourself a bit, he wont push it. Maybe, he'll just leave you alone. Maybe you'll save him from the damage you can bring him because the truth is, his offer was tempting. His offer would make everything a lot easier. Use him for a cover up and hopefully, you'll be okay in the end. It was so simple but you know its not the right thing to do.

He doesn't deserve any of that.

You swallowed as you decided to go to the library. Its lunch and the hallways are pretty empty, and the library would be the place for you to think peacefully.

You got there and was greeted by Ms. Ley. Her light yellow cardigan wraps nicely on her petite frame as she sat on her desk with a sandwhich in a plate.

"Y/n, its been a while." Ms. Ley smiled, "Im so glad you visited."

"I came here two days ago but it was already closed." You said as you sign in.

Ms. Ley nodded, "Well, enjoy reading."

Walking in a room full of shelves filled with books, you found an empty table for yourself. A couple of student sat far from you with their laptops infront of them and wearing an earphones. You shrug as you scroll on your phone.