Thirty-One

"I wish I had chose you when I was still confused." Jeon Jungkook whispered the moment he pulled away.

Your eyes flutter open. You can still feel his lips even when he's already inches away. You can still feel how soft it is. The warmth still lingers, your eyes dizzy but you still try to comprehend what he said.

What does he even mean by that? He was confused before? You shook your head, that can't be right. The moment you confessed to him, you didn't see any regret or hesitation in his eyes when he told you he's already with Lee Ara. But what does he want you to understand?

"What do you mean?" You asked, almost a whisper.

Sometimes, you'd look at his eyes and wonder why he looked so lost. And there's that look again. Like he wants to tell you everything but he will say nothing.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Jimin's voice echoed on the empty hall. You saw him standing from where Jungkook came, waiting for the two of you.

You glance at Jungkook who can't meet your gaze now, he bends and picks up the box of supplies.

"We should head back." He said.

And you knew from that moment, he won't say anything about that kiss. Why he did it and if he really intended to. You won't lie, you've dreamt of this. Jungkook kissing you, all magical and dreamy but you didn't expect your first kiss to be like that. To be unexpected and in an empty hall, but its not the settings or place that makes a kiss special, its the feeling and that person.

You walk together in silence, with your head spinning with thoughts. Jungkook never fails to invade your head and just bugs it over and over again until he's the only thing that you can think of.

Why Jungkook had come to you is a mystery. Yesterday, he couldn't believe in the words you said and now he came and just kiss you out of nowhere with teary eyes. Did he knew about it? About Lee Ara and Ji Ro? Does he believe now? And where did he find out? Did they break up?

The answers came crushing to you when you saw Lee Ara crying on a bench in the field when you were about to go home. She was sobbing hard and her hands were covering her face. Was she crying for Jungkook? Or for Ji Ro? You'll never know.

But everyone wasn't used to seeing an angel cry out of nowhere, the next day she was the topic of the talks. Its like an angel lost her wings but your table was silent about it. Like they don't care at all. Nobody knew about the kiss Jungkook gave you and you are afraid to ask anyone, even him, about it.

Jungkook was there in the cafeteria too, but alone in his table. He had his earphone on and a grim face. Like he didn't care for the world while everyone whispers about him and his relationship. Everyone had their own opinion with their break up, innocent ones think that its Jungkook's fault or Jungkook cheated, little do they know that it was Lee Ara who cheated. Some girls know about it and is fully aware, you can see them rolling their eyes from your seat.

Jungkook stood up and walked on the cafeteria like nothing big happened in his life, like he didn't cried for that girl. Your eyes followed him but a girl stood in front of him with her hands against her chest. Jungkook removed his earphones and waited for the girl to speak.

"I heard you and Lee Ara broke up already." She fished for some information.

Your brows furrowed. Why do they care so much with their relationship and what gives them the right to butt in their relationship? They aren't even friends, and you're pretty sure Jungkook doesn't even know the girl with his narrowed eyes. He sighed like he's so tired of this.

"Yes." His voice doesn't shake.

"Why did you broke up? Was it because someone's cheating?" She asked, now all ears. She thinks she's about to get some juicy information.