Thirty-Four

The heavy feeling didn't escape you all through out the week. Even Jungkook felt it everytime you're together. He'd always caught you staring at him like you were memorizing his face.

He wasn't wrong though, you were memorizing his face because you were scared this will all fade away when the time comes. And he'd ask you what's wrong but you'll only shook your head.

So when the weekend came, you stared at your reflection for minutes. The sadness in your eyes cannot be concealed by any make up nor with the white dress with floral skirt. You tried to look perfect, you tried to look beautiful today because maybe, if he saw you like this, he'll answer you the same way you want him too. Maybe he'll choose you when you meet like this.

You tried to see him from your window, he was already standing in front of your house with his trailblazer behind him and yet, you can't make your feet take a step forward. You didn't want to move. Too scared of what will come.

You went downstairs and took a deep breath before you open your gate. You gave him a big smile when your eyes meet. He stared at you for a moment before he stretch his arm towards you, opening his palm, waiting for your hands. He stretched a smile and you saw the boy you liked. The boy you fell in love with.

If this will be the last time you're going to hold his hand, you'll make sure to hold it tightly and grasp it until it won't be erased from your memories. Until the way his hand felt is carved on your head. Until his hands are the only hands you could ever remember. So you put your hand on top of his, the remnants of hope that this will never end is in his hands now.

You'll memorize him like you'll be on a journey for a long time without seeing him.

He lead you to his car and opened the door for you. You watch him drive, the way he turn the steering wheel as you wonder how he could be so magical. How did you find love in him? He gave you a glance when he felt you watching him. His lips stretch as he reach for your hand on your lap.

"I want to show you something first before we head to my condo, okay?" He said then he turn back his eyes on the road.

He didn't saw you nod back. Nor heard your voice that might crack the moment it slips from your lips because of the tightness in your throat right now. You glance on the road ahead, this is the ride you never want to stop. This will be the only ride you won't want to stop.

The car stopped at the foot of a plain. He went out of the car and went to your side to open your door.

"We have to climb that." He said as he gaze at the plain.

You nodded. You wont interrupt him from what he wants. Today, you'll give him everything he wants before anything else. He made sure you'd walk up first before him, his hand always touching your back like he's always ready to catch you if you miss a step and fall.

The air blows wildly as you walk up on top of the plain. You saw the grass that carpeted the top of the plain. There were some trees scattered on it but a lone wood table sat almost at the edge of it with tree trunks as chairs. You walk slowly to the table and saw the overview of the city from where you stood.

You heard Jungkook's footsteps and you felt him sat slightly on the table behind you. He snake his arms around your waist. He rest his chin on top of your shoulder then he caress your hair.

"You've been so sad lately, baby tell me what's wrong?" He whispered.

Standing there seeing the city below your feet makes you feel like a goddess in the clouds watching the mere humans below her, a goddess that can't do anything about her fate but the boy she loves.