Hidden Chapter

Alternative subplot.

Warning: this doesn't change anything.

》》

"So what do you think of her?" Yoongi stood beside me as I watch a girl from a far.

She's sitting on a bench with a guy across her, holding a book while her hair is in a messy bun. The guy across her was saying something but she doesn't budge from her book.

"Fine." I answered as I remember the first day we met.

Yoongi had come walking up to me, his face plastered a meaningful smile. He tapped on my shoulder and said someone needed my help on the team. I don't usually go there since I am incharge of the pictures and videos, I had to be on the field where everything happens.

I agreed without knowing that I would meet her. She's not the brightest of them all but in my eyes she was. She looked distressed but she still looked adorable. Suddenly, I was imagining things that I shouldn't with this stranger in front of me. And it doesn't help that she looks at me in awe, like she's so amazed that I am standing in front of her.

But when Yoongi said that she was younger than me, I had to draw some line. So all I gave her was a smile, thinking that a couple of years waiting won't hurt.

Lee Ara has always been there. She's always there to catch me even though I didn't need her to catch me. She confessed to me when we were in our junior year.

"I've been liking you for months, Jungkook. And I hope we can go out on a date?" She asked, unsure of what she's doing.

But my attention was already caught by someone. And I'm only waiting for her to be on the right age to tell her how I feel. In her senior year, I'll tell her everything. How I feel about her and how long I've been trying to hide this.

I swore I knew I had a chance with her because I was always watching her. And I was always there to catch her. But then there's this one time.

"I said I don't like him!" She screamed at the top of her lungs as she stood up from her seat.

Our eyes met and I saw how shocked she was. Was she pertaining to me? Somehow, even when I didn't know the truth, it hurt me. Because I feel like she's saying it to me.

I was never good with words so I tried to make her feel what I feel through simple things. I walk in to the tea house to order for Yoongi's drink and mine when I saw her sitting across his guy friend.

I had it all planned out. I'm going to greet her and ask if I could sit with them. But the waitress is taking too long punching my order and batting her eyelashes at me.

"I'll name it after my girlfriend. Her name's Y/n." I said.

The moment the waitress called for her name I hoped that she will have a clue that I like her. Very much.

But my plan crumbled the moment I asked her if she likes someone. And she told me that she does. I found myself clueless about everything there because I could never think of someone that she likes. She never hangs out with someone other than her guy friend, Jimin. But all I can see is that everything between them is platonic. But in between that confusion, there's also the pain that stabs in my heart.

I spent my days lost and hurt. Until that one day, Lee Ara went to me. "I don't like what I'm seeing, Jeon Jungkook. What is happening to you?" She said holding my tests that was marked low.

I looked up and shut my eyes close. "Nothing."

"Tell me. You can tell me everything, Jungkook."