47

Into the Wild
Season 4 Episode 13

(Ava's POV)
I wake up gasping for air and I looked around to see I'm in the Gilbert house but it's empty. Suddenly I get a strong headache and I'm getting these memories that I never had. I get up to take a hold of something— anything. I can barely keep my balance. I'm stumbling over everything.

'I feel something you. I know it's not saying a lot because I killed the last person I loved and that should raise some red flags...'

'There are things in my past that I wish I can tell you and I may never be able to tell you'

'If only we meet in a different life'

'Before you do it I need to tell you something. I love you..."

"Ava?" I heard someone say. "Ava?"

I can feel this person hands around my arms. "Listen to my voice."

I made out the voice to be a male. More and more memories are filling my head.

"Listen to my voice and follow it. Just listen to it, Ava." He says and I open my eyes to see a guy kneeling on the floor in front of me.

"I remember you." I said as I rubbed my temples as the headache goes away. He's the guy from the night the veil drop when Stefan has his humanity off. "Sergio was your name, right?" I asked and he nods. "Why are you here?"

"I'm your father." He says and my facial expression drops.

"How—How can I see you?" I asked confusingly.

"We'll get to that later. Right now we have only 24 hours maybe less."

"Twenty-four hours for what?"

"For you to know the whole story before you back to the living."

"What?" I asked shocked. "I'm dead."

"I'll tell you that later. Come with me." He says and I stayed in my spot.

"Can I at least get your last name?"

"Labonair. Sergio Labonair." He says and my eyes widen in shock. "That mark that is on your right shoulder that's where the Crescent mark is supposed to be. Right now it's what's binding your werewolf side."

He continues walking and I follow him.

***

(Narrator's POV)
Caroline is outside talking with Elena on the phone. "Do they know?"

"Know what?" Elena asks clueless.

"That you killed their sister."

"No, they don't. You can't tell them, Caroline."

"Elena..."

"Don't tell them anything. I will them."

"When?" Caroline asks. "Before or after you get the cure?"

"I don't know. They've been trying to call her. I just have to find a way to tell them."

"You killed their sister, Elena. They may hate each half the time but they still love each other. Nothing you say will change the fact that you did kill her. If Stefan or Damon calls me I can't keep it from them."

"Caroline..."

"I'm sorry, Elena, but I can't."

"Just give me the chance to tell them first."