43

A/N: I'm skipping episode 8 because Klaus isn't in it.

O Come, All Ye Faithful
Season 4 Episode 9

A day has passed and yesterday Nik and I went out of town to see a witch

A day has passed and yesterday Nik and I went out of town to see a witch. I hoped that she could find out anything about my werewolf side but she was useless just as the rest. I'm thinking about giving up on finding who my biological father is. I don't know where to look anymore.

I'm sitting on the couch in the parlor watching Nik paint the night skyline. "That painting looks familiar."

"It is." He says as he puts his paintbrush down and walks over to me holding out his hand for me to take. I grabbed his hand as we walked over to the canvas. "In 1863 we were outside. I gave you a paintbrush..." He says as he hands me the paintbrush and stands behind me with his hand over my hand and his other hand on my waist. "... and I guided you..." He moves his hand in doing so moving my hand making small strokes on the canvas. "You were worried about ruining the painting." He says and I can feel his breath against my neck causing me to get goosebumps. He moves his hand from mines and put both of his hands on my waist. I still continue to do small strokes on the canvas even though I have no idea what I'm doing. "You had that exact same reaction."

I smiled as I put the paintbrush down and turn to look at him. Sometimes I forget he knew me before I knew him. I really haven't had the time to ask him about anything that happened because I've been caught up trying to find out who my father is.

Before I can say anything I see Stefan walking in the room. "Looks like a giant snowflake." He says looking at a different painting.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." Nik says just as his hybrid Adrian enters the room.

"You said it was urgent." Adrian says.

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately."

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Adrian asks and Nik walks towards him.

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude." Nik says and Adrian grimaces as walks over to the painting. He picks it up and starts to leave the room. "And be careful with that. It's still wet."

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." My brother says.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor? What are you doing here?"

"Elena is sired to Damon." Stefan says as he walks closer to us.

"I intuited as much."

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes."

"I've delivered." Nik says as he grabs a cloth to wipe the paint off his hands. "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark."