46

A View To Kill
Season 4 Episode 12

Nik and I are at Rebekah's house and he was about to knock on Rebekah's door when we heard someone using their vampire speed. The door opens and we see Stefan and my eyes widen in surprise.

"Wow, Stef." I said smiling.

"Leaving so soon?" Nik asks and Rebekah comes over with a robe on.

"This is my place, Nik, and I don't appreciate you invading my privacy like some kind of creeping Tom." Rebekah says causing me to laugh.

"Well, I apologize for breaking up this sordid little tryst, but I do have some urgent business. Or have you forgotten – our paranoid brother Kol is running around with the white oak stake and homicide on the brain?" He asks.

"He tried to kill me last night. I didn't forget."

"Yes, well, unfortunately he seems to have absconded with my set of daggers. Ava has tried calling him and he's not picking up.

"Oh, poor Nik. How ever will you get your way without your precious daggers? They were so handy when you wanted to end a conversation with one of us!" Rebekah says.

"Kol's irrational fear of Silas has pushed him over the edge. We need to put him down before he does any more damage. Now, I know you have the last dagger, and I know you have some white ash, so hand it over." Nik says.

Once we find the cure and destroy it as planned I'll wake up Kol up. He's going to be pissed but I'll deal with that later. Plus I need Damon release from his compulsion.

"Mhm, and leave myself unprotected? You can file that request under 'no chance in hell.' Be gone by the time I have showered. Lurkers aren't welcome here." Rebekah says and leaves.

"I need that dagger, Stefan. Talk some sense into her." Nik says to my brother.

"Why don't you talk some sense into her? I'm headed home to play prison guard to Damon. He's on lockdown ever since Kol compelled him to kill Jeremy last night."

"You see? That's my point exactly. If you let Kol roam free, then Jeremy won't live to see his junior prom, and we can kiss our map to the cure goodbye. But if you help me dagger Kol, Damon will be uncompelled, Jeremy will live, and we'll all be on our merry way to a human Elena."

***

Nik, Stefan, and I are at the boarding house. I haven't been here in months. Damon is in the cellar because of Kol's compulsion.

"You coming to snap my neck again? Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free." My brother says.

I saw Stefan throw a vial of blood towards Damon.

"Oh man, really? You practically bled me dry. At least spring for a bag or something. I'm thirsty." He says and Stefan sets a water bottle between the bars of the door. "Not exactly what I had in mind."

Damon gets up, groaning, and walks over to grab the water bottle. He sees me and standing on the other side.

"Hello, big brother." I said at the same time Nik said, "Hello, mate."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Damon asks and Nik smiles.

"Babysitting."

"Oh."

"Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn't desiccate. If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again." Stefan says not looking at Damon.