“Is that what you’re doing now?” I can’t stop the bite of jealousy that bubbles out. My emotions are high and I don’t know if this new theory is good for me or bad.

She raises her eyebrows at me. “Seriously?” She isn’t pleased and I look away, focusing on the road ahead instead. “It’s my brother you dweb. Who are you to tell me who I can smile at while I text anyways, we aren’t even dating.” She seethes before glaring out her window. She has a point we aren’t dating, barely even friends, I don’t have the right as much as I would like to, I don’t. Not yet.

I just wish she would only do that for me.

Silence incases us, the smothering feeling from the harsh tension has me on edge. The wolf wants to cave, go belly up, anything to stop her anger towards us. I just don’t know what to do or say. I’m getting ahead of myself with the shift in the dynamics of our relationship. Too much too soon. Especially for her.

The mechanic shop comes into view and she is out the moment I have it in park, stomping off to the entrance. I see Wayne’s pickup pull in shortly after with a shit-eating grin plastered on his face. “You done fucked up man.” He laughs, she must have texted him. I don’t laugh, I don’t even smile. Today was supposed to be a good day, the day to make or break us, seems it’s only breaking. He puts his hands in his pockets, his grin dying down, “she will get over it. She gets mad, she is bound to get happy again. She didn’t tell you to leave or fuck off so hope isn’t all lost.” Saying this as he walks to the door holding it open for me.

She has her back turned to us and her head up, arms crossed. When will she get happy again? How long does that take?

A lanky juvenile comes from the back garage, couldn’t be more than nineteen. I haven’t seen him before, he isn’t one of ours. The only other pack that he could belong to is a little over 50 miles from here. Who is he?

“Hey Twitch is it ready? You said it would be.” Sophia isn’t going to take no for an answer from him. He rubs his arm, looking to me and Wayne. His eyes scream help. I can see his wolf peek out when his eyes darken. He resembles a beaten pup to me. “N-no-nope, not y-yet. Come b-back in an hour.” He stutters uncontrollably, scratching at his arm and giving a small shake to his head. I see why they call him ‘Twitch’. She forces out a breath between her teeth. “Fine. I’ll be back and it better be ready. I’m not kidding around.” Pointing a finger at the youngster, his head bobs frantically. “Y-yes Ma’am.” The words spill out in a slur faster than he can form them.

She storms out just as she blew in, door slamming hard behind her just for us to be left in the wake of her. “Should we still follow her.” I look to Wayne for guidance, he knows her better than anyone. He laughs. “Yes, as crazy as that sounds.” Leading the way forward I believe I may just be crazy. Tapping her foot she stands by my truck waiting for me to unlock it. I expected her to go with Wayne and ditch me; it is hard to keep a smile off me face. When I click the button she climbs in slamming the door behind her. The hinges groan from the pressure. I’m surprised the door didn’t fall off.

Wayne’s phone chimes. “Looks like we are going for dinner, I’ll follow you.” Stuffing his phone in his back pocket he heads to his truck before turning around with his back to her and wiggling his eyebrows. Shaking my head I get in my own truck and pulling out of the lot driving towards a nearby restaurant. She is still in a sour mood tapping her fingers on the window ledge of the door the whole way. I don’t even get the gear in park before she is jumping out quickly and pushing through the front doors, not bothering to wait for us.