Chapter 9

If I thought today was going to be as boring as yesterday I was wrong.

Walking through the park I find Wayne carrying a crate and Sophia carrying a small duffle bag. The weight of the box seems to be heavy as Wayne shifts it when stopping to greet me. “Need some help?” Asking in hopes to tag along. What are they up to? Grunting out a ‘no’ Wayne tries to adjust the balance of the box and failing.

“Come on we have to go, we have to get there asap.” Sophia sounds irritable this morning.

“Yes,” Grunting again under its weight Wayne answers her “Puddin’ ” he tries to breathe but it only makes it worse for him, his face turning a deep shade of red he can hardly stand up as his legs start to wobble.

Grabbing the package from him before he collapses it does have some weight to it, you can hear the shifting of items coming from the inside. “What’s in this?”

Sophia chews her cheek before responding “things.” Soured words from her lips still makes me want a taste.

“Is that all, and where would you like these ′things’ to be brought?” Using the same aggravated tone she used with me. I don’t like how she is speaking to me at the moment. The wolf doesn’t like how I am speaking to her, bristling his dislike to me. He will tolerate no one, myself included, to speak to his Mate in a disrespectful way.

She points to the entrance “There is a white truck.” Telling me before walking towards the direction muttering out “I am not in the mood today.”

Wayne looks at me sympathetically. “Sorry, she had a rough night last night.” He tells me scratching his neck as his skin darkens with a blush. Following after her with long strides I can feel the weight of the box shifting. “What happened?” Trying to sound relaxed. I am anything but relaxed, I want to know who made her so angry and where do they live so I can punch them continuously for it.

Rounding the corner Sophia is throwing the bag in the backseat before trying to fish out some keys. Finding them she climbs in the driver’s side and starts it up, adjusting the seat and the mirrors before irritably tapping her fingers on the window ledge.

Wayne clears his throat next to me, turning he takes the box back from me giving me an apologetic smile. “I can’t tell you if she wants you to know you will know.” He says before heading over to the tailgate and placing the package down, sliding it in and closing it. “Sure you don’t want any help?” He asks her like he is already expecting a no to follow.

She ignores him by rolling up the window and reversing out of the parking spot. He watches her leave before reaching his hands in his jacket pocket to bring out his phone and motioning his head for me to follow him back inside.

“Is she always like that?” Asking but do I really want to know the answer? How can I make a mate like me when she can’t even stand to be around her good friend if she is angry? Sophia doesn’t seem like the type of woman who puts up with bullshit if she doesn’t want to, she has no issue walking away. Worry worms its way through my veins causing my heart to pump it through my body faster in its panicking race.

Giving out a sigh beside me and stuffing the phone back in its place as we make our way to the front to look at the scheduled tours today Wayne is reluctant to answer my question. After a moment he finally speaks. “No, not really. Just depends on what, or rather who pissed her off. It is a touchy subject for her, Sophia just needs her time and space. Don’t worry about it she will cool off eventually. Seems like there is nothing really on the list for today so it’ll mostly be filling time, we walk around, answer questions if asked, make sure people are enjoying themselves, that kind of thing. Otherwise a free day.” He doesn’t skip a beat when it comes to topic changes and being professional.