Chapter 31

Dominic walks towards the facility dragging a crumpled-up body that tries to dig its hands and nails into the dirt to pull himself free, muttering and stuttering the whole way begging "p-please." I recognize the voice from a few weeks ago. Charles follows behind and keeps his distance with his hackles raised at Dominic while the older alpha ignores him. The energy he is giving off is high. Luca shifts on his feet with a widening grin, excited for this; too excited. Sophia watches with bewildered eyes before they set on her father, "what are you doing?" She demands as Dominic comes to a stand in front of us dropping the wolf at his feet. Luca crouches down tilting his head watching him.

"Where is he?" Dominic locks eyes with me, "where is Rufus?"

Sophia chews her cheek, "answer my damn question first," she points a finger to his chest before pointing it to the curled up rogue by his feet, "the hell are you doing with him?"

"I'm sso sorry, S-soph," he whimpers pressing his head down fully to the ground and she watches him closely with guilt in her eyes and the running thought 'I'm sorry.' Luca raises his lip flashing his fangs and Sophia flicks his ear before addressing the male, "what did you do, Twitch?" She asks him quietly shaking her head before putting her hardened eyes back on her father. "I want to know what's going on, no more bullshit."

Luca stands to his feet holding his ear, "that wasn't nice, ya know?" He pouts out his lip and she rolls her eyes, "suck it up." She growls and my wolf tries to growl along with her, enticing her to do more, show me, be more. Sophia doesn't answer him, crossing her arms and digging her feet into the ground instead to show she will not relent. "Tell me!" She stares down Dominic and her eyes flicker brighter before her pupils start to dilate fully.

Dominic stands straighter, "as you wish. 'Twitch' here- as you call him- is one of the wolves that broke into your home and I demand an audience with the person who gave him that order," He says calmly, too calmly. She looks Twitch over again and he cowers more as his body trembles uncontrollably.

"I don't know where Rufus is but his beta is in the training facility," Jetting my thumb to the door behind us as I tell him exactly what he wants to hear, I feel this may be one of the rare occasions he and I see eye to eye. Sophia smacks my arm hard, "Cage!" She scoffs. Grasping her hand, shaking my head, "this needs to be dealt with, if he did it he should suffer the consequences for that." Showing my teeth and the wolf sounds out his approval. "I'm not going to let him go free. You found it necessary for them to have consequences, so do they." I hold her eyes and her cheeks heat softly with anger as she looks away.

Her arms cross as if to hold herself and her voice starts to soften, "this ain't right," glancing back to the blubbering wolf.

"But telling Scott what that asshole was saying was? You can't pick and choose, Sophia." Gripping her hand harder she looks me in the eye, "this is how we do things."

She pulls her hand away from mine aggressively and I have to hide the wolfs's hurt. She might not like this but she will need to learn. "That was different, I ain't even sorry for what happened to him but I have known Jamie almost my whole life, this isn't like him. He isn't this intelligent either. This was someone else's idea, he got caught up in it." She tries to defend him, taking a step away from me, from her family.

Charles stops pacing back and forth, rolling his shoulders. "I agree with her, " coming closer Twitch starts to slowly inch his way towards him and Dominic's chest rumbles his vibration right into the ground stopping the wolf's slow progression. "Fine, we will get to the bottom of this but I am not letting him go. He will make perfect bait," he says grabbing Twitch by the scruff of the neck forcing a yelp out of him.