Chapter 28

My thoughts continue to swirl as the night slowly progresses in the still silence around the cabin before I feel her hand lace its fingers with mine before moving it off her hip. "You're pushing too hard," she tells me as sleep still grips her voice and half-lidded eyes. Kissing her forehead before muttering sorry, I force my eyes to shut. Best if we both get some sleep; it is going to be an early morning.

My eyes hardly shut before the sound of my alarm is heard. Even sleeping with her wasn't enough to keep away the bad feeling I can't seem to shake. The wolf is on edge. Sophia reaches over me to hit the button before placing a kiss on my lips. I can't help but to reach for more but she pulls away too quickly. "Time to get up," she smiles down at me before jumping out of bed and heading for the kitchen. At least one of us got some decent sleep after last night. Dragging my ass to the kitchen, Sophia is looking around through the cupboards and the dog whines when she climbs up to look through a top shelf. "Looking for a pick me up?"

She looks over at me with a slight frown as she nods, closing the cupboard doors and sitting on the counter top. "Is a kettle and the wood stove the only way to boil water?" She asks, trying to push her hair back behind her ear. Nodding my head she groans, hitting the back of her head softly against the cupboard. Walking up to her with a chuckle her legs part for me to slip between them and I tug her hips towards me and she lifts up her chin to look in my eyes, "wouldn't happen to know where I might find some, woudya?" her voice starts to soften. Nodding my head she doesn't pull away this time when I lean down for more and our lips meet while her hands slowly run up my arm and pressing into my shoulders to pull me in closer. I feel myself jolt slightly forward as a low growl rumbles up from Keno as he presses his paws into my back and Sophia leans over, rubbing his head telling him to behave and to go lay down for the day.

Glancing at the clock on the stove we can't stay here too long as I think back on Dominic saying he would meet us at the training facility. "Let's get dressed and head out. I know where you can find some coffee already heated and with all the bullshit you like putting in it." she pinches my chest as she gives me a mean look and I hiss smacking her hand softly, "that's abuse."

"I'll show you real abuse," she tells me and she tries to grip me harder, making me backup as she jumps down off the counter and giving me the finger as she goes back to the bedroom. "You're really mean before your coffee." I call out and she laughs in response. While she changes, I pack my backpack with a few bottles of water and a change of clothing to wear before finding a clean shirt to pull on and a hoodie to wear. Sophia doesn't take long, tossing her hair up in an elastic while walking back into the kitchen. Swiping at the hairs that fall loose on the side. "I hate this stage in hair growth" she says annoyingly "I don't know whether to deal with it and let it grow or shave it again and keep up maintenance." taking a pin from her pocket and pressing it into her hair to hold it in place.

"I like it," I can feel a heat creeping up my face as I look away when she looks questioningly at me. "It's different." glancing out of the corner of my eye she watches me tentatively before walking up to me with a sly smile on her lips. Running a finger up my arm to my neck the shock it sends through me puts my body on fire. Her hand stops its ascension to rest on my cheek before she pinches it hard. "Aren't you adorable when you blush? How can I make more of that happen?" She teases. Grabbing her hand bringing it to my lips to press a kiss before showing a toothy grin. "Keep it up and I'll do the same to your cheeks." Bringing her body closer to mine to press them hard together she breathes in deep through her nose while her eyes close slowly. I can feel the bliss through the bond. "W-we have to go." She whispers.

"Give me a reason." Breathing hot down along her neck causing her body to quiver I can hear her lips part with a soft sigh. Lost in the bond her mind is muddled with wants and needs. Kissing behind her ear, her fingers press into my shoulder hard and my name on her lips is seduction, pushing me to go further. Trailing kisses to her jaw letting my tongue have a quick taste of her skin. I need more. Her breath hits my exposed neck when she nudges closer and my body is the next one to tremble. We could stay here all day, it's fine with me.