Chapter 38

"Miles? The guy from the garage? What about him?" Wayne snorts as he glances over at the door where he stands, "how do you know him, Lu?" He looks back at Luca who has yet to even blink, suppressing the fur that wants to rise and my leg taps a full symphony as my own nerves grate. A force rolls off of him that makes the humans around glance around and Conner elbows him hard to make him break his eye contact when he notices Wayne shifting uncomfortably in his seat, shrinking slightly in the shair. "He did a shit job on my sisters vehicle," he mutters before pulling his eyes back onto Wayne, loosening his shoulders, "really she should have asked me, I could of easily fixed it." Conner's eyes never leave Miles as he follows his movements towards the counter, leaning over it Miles glances over at us. His face is tight and his lips thin in a line as he gives a slight nod making us all aware his business here before turning to the waitress and ordering a coffee for himself.

"We need to leave, now," Conner's voice gets deeper as he swallows down the growl he feels and I have to swallow down mine. Wayne tilts his head, completely oblivious as he peers at Conner, "because of the veichle? Really? You two are acting like he slapped her, that seems like much" he sips his drink that the waitress sets on the table to clench his throat to the driness that has set in and Conner reaches into his back pocket, pulling out a bill and passes it to her as he cancels the rest of our orders. Sophia has been tearing at her napkin chanting in her mind to stay quiet, remain calm but with each tear and each word flung out the sweat trickles down the side of her face as the images from the training facility and that gun in her hand flashes through her mind making her start to shake. When I reach over and touch her shoulder she jumps slightly, blurting out the words she's been chewing in her mouth. "They're werewolves." She exlaims too loudly and I peek around to see if anyone has noticed. A few people glance over but dismiss the random outburst quickly enough.

Wayne looks at her before he starts to slowly laugh. "Werewolves? Think you are taking that costume a little too far Puddin' " he teases but his laughs dies down and a frown replaces his smiles as he gazes over at her, "Sophia, are you okay?" He asks when he notices not only is she not laughing, for the first time I think in a long time, Sophia looks truly afraid. Terrified. He reaches over touching her hand and a tear runs down her face as she looks at it. "We're werewolves," her voice is soft as she tells him again. Wayne looks at her before he notices she is watching Miles with panic in her eyes as he glances over one last time before going to the door with his cup in his hand.

"We didn't tell you.... I didn't tell you, because I couldn't. We aren't supposed to tell humans," I start to explain now that the wolf's out of the bag. He tries to chuckle and it comes out forced as he regards us over again but the three of us males only stare at him before Conner and Luca eyes flash with their wolves making the colour drain from Wayne's face as he tries to back himself into his chair and away from us. "Wayne we won't hurt you. This don't change anything, I try and reach over but he snatches his hand back as he starts to shake.

"Sit down and be quiet. You can freak out, pass out, whatever later but these humans can't know Wayne. Don't do this now, please." Luca says sternly and Conner stands up. The scrape of the chair has Wayne starting to panic, reaching for his neck as he begins to rub it while he looks at Sophia with hurt in his eyes. "I'll tell you everything... I haven't known long," she tries to explain but he shakes his head looking like he might get sick.

"We need to leave," every word from Conner is ground and gritted out while his jaw starts the shift as a feral side starts to take control. Standing up and measuring the distance to the vehicles our best bet is to go for my truck or Wayne's. They are beside each other and closer, luca parked further away wanting to keep his old ford away from other vehicles. Judging by it's age, I don't think it could go fast enough anyway; those older vehicles don't run like the new ones. Pulling Sophia to her feet, Conner pulls out Wayne's chair avoiding touching him.