Chapter 14

It has been a long time since I have found myself sitting in this room. It's just as I remember. The old timely clock sits on the top shelf of the grand bookcase, most other shelves are lined with powerful books filled to the brim with knowledge. The old desk is starting to show its age. The chairs seem to be new, the former Luna, Lisa, must have gotten tired of seeing the worn out fabric.

Kirsten files in first. She sits in the farthest seat with her head bowed, her eyes look red-rimmed like she has been crying all night. Sophia's theory of her having a love interest has me curious. I want to know. "Kirsten, I want to ask you something." Trying to start the conversation with a neutral tone. She doesn't respond, she runs her hand over her upper arm instead, teeth bite down hard on her bottom lip. "Kirsten." Getting more stern with her, she is ignoring me on purpose. After everything she caused yesterday and today, the least she can do is acknowledge me. She briefly glances over to me before looking away.

Scott comes in and holds the door open for Cheyenne before walking back out of the office. Leaving the three of us alone. "I shouldn't even be here." Chey glares at me before her eyes shift to Kirsten. She seems like she is about to break down. I shake my head at them, days ago best of friends now trouble comes and they turn away from one another. Scott and I have sat in these seats, tit lipped, unmoving. We will take the punishments together before we turned our backs to the other. Brothers.

The former Alpha strides in shutting the door softly behind him before walking over to his desk chair. He doesn't sit. "I want to know what is going on. I hear things going around the pack, wolves are talking. Some are calling for a change. Some find you to be too juvenile to continue in your current positions." He looks directly at Chey when speaking the last part. His tone is even and calm, much like before a storm. It is the storm I fear. I know what it'll bring. He shifts his gaze towards Kirsten next. "Some want you gone, say you are nothing but a pack harlot looking for a title." A tear escapes from her eye to run to her chin. Her body trembles.

I'm next. I wait for the hit to come.

"Cage. I'm sorry you are caught up in all of this." His sharp eyes have softened, not like the daggers he gave to the females. "What!" Cheyenne wails to interrupt. "After everything he has done, the disrespect he has shown especially to me, and he gets an apology for it? I am this pack's Luna." Her speech is ended with the raise of one finger of the Alpha. Her mouth snaps shut forming a firm line while her eyes narrow down.

Pulling out his chair he takes a seat, folding his hands over the top of the desk. Here comes the storm. "I think it is wonderful you decided to bring that fact up Cheyenne as this has also been something brought up to me in conversation by pack members. I also know you have been spoken to about the matter. As a Luna, there are duties and responsibilities that are expected to be followed. You have been failing for too long to meet those expectations and now your inadequacies are trickling down creating chaos and divide. When Scott completed his Titling Ceremony we were lenient with you. We knew you were struggling with the adjustments." She opens her mouth to interrupt and once again he raises one finger, clamping her mouth shut. "Seems to me and my mate you haven't been trying enough, clearly we were too soft on you with what this pack needs. From here on you will not be the Luna, Lisa will be reclaiming the role until Scott, Lisa and myself feel you have earned it. Just as the Lunas before you have had to. Mating is not and should never have been a means to that title, clearly, we made a mistake with you in this. You may allow that in your former pack but here we all carry the weight of the pack, our leaders should always carry the brunt of the load. You are dismissed." She is fuming. Her lip quivers. "Don't raise your lip to me female, you will regret it, daughter or not. Now get out, Luna Lisa is waiting for you." His eyes blaze with the promise of violence and subordination. She leaves slamming the door hard enough to knock books off the shelves, the old clock stands tall and firm in its position.