Fuck.

“Wow. I wish punching volunteers wasn’t discouraged ’round here.” She is chewing on her cheek again while she opens and shuts cabinet doors roughly. My little Spitfire.

"See what I have been dealing with all week?” I can feel the tension start to dissipate from her. The seclusion is refreshing.

“I pity you. Didn’t you say the other one is worse?” She remembers from our texts I brought up Cheyenne. I can’t help smiling, she read what I said and remembered. My skin heats, I’m feeling like a juvenile again.

“Yeah. She can be.” I scratch the back of my neck. “So what do you want me to do? Said I needed to do some things for you.” I know Kirsten can hear us out there, as much as I would love to let loose how I really feel, I can’t.

Sophia mumbles under her breath while her back is turned to me. She assumes I can’t hear her. ′A few things.′ She turns back around a slight blush to her cheeks "Well nothing actually I just had to get us away from her but since we are back here.” She looks me over, lightning zips and sparks across her eyes. “I need to do inventory for the month so I can make my orders. Think you can help me.” The heat grows on her neck but she turns back to the counter to grab paper and a pen.

Oh, I can help you anytime.

"Sure thing.” Giving her a sly grin she sticks out her tongue at me. Fuck. Opening the cabinet door I try and breath in any fresh air. The tension has shifted and our smells are mixing in the air between us as the bond weaves us into an inseparable knot.

Time passes quickly before my stomach growls and we head to lunch. Kirsten is still going through the massive stack Sophia gave her. “Are you sure this needs to be done? It all seems to be in order to me.” The fury in her Amber eyes is more like a winter breeze, its bite dies down the longer you stand in it. My mates eyes will crash and slam you in their storm, wrecking you on the jagged rocks hidden in their depths.

Opening the door wide the wind blows in sending the papers to fly through the air. “I’m positive. That needs to be organized.” Sophia tells her with a chuckle. Closing the door behind me she laughs louder. “That was a happy accident,” she tells me, “I finished that paperwork last week. Mind driving into town for lunch today?” She asks me with a brilliant smile I can’t help but fall for.

“Let’s go, lead the way.” Send a wink and a smile back her way. She gladly takes the lead. Giving me directions we go back to the same diner Scott and I had gone to. Making our way to a corner booth for privacy we give our drink orders to the waitress. Sophia’s smile hasn’t faltered this whole time. I burn the memory of it into my mind; I’d give her anything she wanted if she asked me with that smile. Lips full, pulled back to reveal her pearls. It has a slight slant on the right side. Small dimples poke inward. This is the longest time I have been able to watch it. The drinks come and I can’t help put to gulp half of mine down, the thirst is growing.

We make quick food orders. Copying hers by ordering a burger and fries, she also orders a small shake for the side for her own. “Hungry?” I ask her with a small chuckle.

“It’s for dipping my fries.” She deadpans.

“Dipping your fries?” Raising my brow to her, it’s such an odd way to eat fries.