14 -Did She Make It?

Hailee's eyelids were heavy from the deep sleep. When she managed to open them, she saw weird looking ovals and a bright light above her.

"Am I in heaven?" Hailee mumbled.

"No sweetie. You in your hospital room. You did it Hailee. You got the heart." Hailee's mother said.

"Oh okay cool. I'm going to go back to sleep. Good night" Hailee slurred. She was still drowsy from the anesthesia.

"No Hailee. You gotta stay awake. Do you want a brownie?" Haley said. When Haley and Shawn were notified that Hailee made it, they went out and brought brownies for a small celebration. They were also told that Hailee's G-tube was taken out during the surgery so so would be able to eat easier.

"Okay."

Time had passed and it was now time to take Hailee home. Hailee's procedure had gone really well and she was on her way to a fast recover. Since she had gotten her brother's heart, it was a perfect match and healthy so Doctor Mathews told Hailee that she wouldn't need a transplant ever again. In shorter terms, Hailee was basically cured.

Hailee walked into her house to see a banner on the upstairs railing. It read 'Welcome Home Hailee!' She made her way to the kitchen with her parents to see a matching cake and her friends. They dug into the cake and and watched a movie.

Halfway through the movie, Shawn told Hailee to meet him in the hall, away from everyone else. Hailee walked with Shawn to the hall.

"What's up?" Hailee said. Shawn wiped a bit of frosting off her nose.

"Umm. Hailee. I'm so happy that everything went well and I was wondering if you would like to be my, uh, girlfriend?" Shawn stuttered.

"Yes! I'd love to."

They kiss and then walked back to everyone else, hand in hand.

(311 words)