6 - Broken Friendships

Jimmy Kimmel's interview with Hailee came out. Hailee was getting a lot of hate from the interview. People thought she was either using the whole transplant thing for popularity or she really did bribe her way to getting a transplant. Many people were ashamed of her no matter what they thought was true.

After the interview came out and having had a long day of interviews, Hailee just wanted to get out of the house and do something fun to get her mind off of her life. Luckily, it was the last day of press so Hailee could stay up as late as she wanted too. She called up her friend Haley and they decided to go "shopping". Well, Hailee had told Haley that they were going to go shopping but Hailee had something else in mind.

The two girls were in Hailee's Range Rover. They were listening to music and talking.

"This doesn't look like a mall to me, Hailee." The dirty blonde asked concerned.

Hailee had pulled up to a bar.

"Hailee, I don't think this is a good idea. You're not in a good condition and drinking always had problems that follow it." Haley said.

"Come on! It'll be fun. Just this once. Please Lulu!" Hailee begged.

Haley couldn't resist after seeing Hailee's face and when she used her nickname. The two walked inside and ordered drinks. Haley ordered water (her being the responsible one) and Hailee took a few shots and then had a drink.

The effects of the shots were already taking an affect on Hailee.

"Haiz, I think you've had enough drinks for tonight-"

"No! They make me feel so goood. You should really try some. You gotta relax mannnn" Hailee slurred.

"Okay. That's enough. I'm taking you home." Haley said grabbing her keys.

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"Hailee, you're sick" Haley started sweetly "I just want you to be safe and healthy."

"No! Everyone keeps telling me what to do and I am done!"

"Come on H-"

"You know, it's so hard being sick all the time. I don't need you trying to take care of me. It's not like I'm going to get any better!" Hailee said with tears in her eyes.

"You don't know that-"

"Yes I do. and I don't need you, a perfectly fine person, telling me to look on the bright side. You've never been through this."

Haley didn't know how to respond. She never had been through this. Or anything like this. She kept trying to figure out a response to make Hailee feel better. But Hailee was right.

"But what if something good does happen?" Haley finally managed to say.

"See! You're doing it again. You've been like this since my family told you and Shawn what was wrong with me. I'm so done with your 'stay positive' BS. It makes me regret staying friends with you everyday. This is why I don't tell you anything!"

Haley was stunned. Her best friend, or who she thought was her best friend, told her she wished that they never met. It hurt her. But what hurt Haley more was knowing that every time she tried to comfort Hailee, she just hurt her. She wanted to make Hailee's life better and easier but that only made it harder. Maybe she was the problem.

"Do you really mean that?" Haley asked. The tears that fell couldn't be controlled.

"Yes. Now. Just go."

Haley left. She didn't even look back. She couldn't face Hailee.

Even though Haley was mad with Hailee, she still cared about her. So Haley called Griffin to pick Hailee up to make sure nothing would happen to her.

(616 words)