8 - Forgiveness? and Fun!

It was now Hailee's birthday. Hailee had decided she wanted to go to Disneyland for her 22nd. She was at home getting a small backpack ready for the day. She knew this would probably be the last fun day she would have in a while since her surgery was in 2 days. So, she decided to get park hoppers and brought a lot of spending money. She was determined to make this the best day ever.

She was going with Griffin, Shawn, Berlin, and one of Berlin's friends named Emma. Hailee had texted Haley to come over to her house that morning. Hailee had planned out in her head that she would say sorry and explain and then tell her that she's going with them to Disneyland. It had been 30minutes since she had texted Haley and now just got a reply.

(text) Haley: Okay. I'm at your door.

Hailee opened the door and went outside to talk to Haley alone. She had told her that she was sorry and she should've never said those things. Hailee explained that she never meant those things and that she was just angry at the world and took it all out on Haley by hurting her. She said that she finally understood what Haley was saying when she had the talk with Berlin. Hailee told Haley that she hoped that she would forgive her one day and that she understands if Haley doesn't want to be friends with her anymore. She knew that no one should stay friends with someone who didn't want them in their life. Haley said that that was extremely mean what Hailee said to her and that she wasn't sure if she could forgive her for that. But, Haley also told Hailee that she was her best friend and she couldn't live without her so she was partially forgiven. With that, the 6 of them got into Hailee's Range Rover and drove to Disneyland.

Once they got to the park, Berlin and Emma went their separate way while the other 4 stayed together.

Hailee, Griffin, Shawn, and Haley first went to the Disneyland park. They rode on multiple rides. Since Hailee had a medical issue, she had a pass that got her and her party to the front of any ride's line.

It was now lunch time. The 4 of them were really hungry but didn't want to eat too much since they didn't want to throw up on any of the rides. So, Shawn and Hailee split a kids ham sandwich and Haley and Griffin split a kid's mac and cheese.

Next, they went on Space Mountain. Hailee was happy that they took out the Star Wars theme inside the ride. She didn't like how it used to light up the track and they could see where they were going. Also, with the new Star Wars land, the Star Wars theme was really unnecessary.

At 3, Berlin and Emma met up with Hailee and the group to go to Disney Adventure Land. They had decided to stay at that park until 10 since the Adventure park closes earlier than the main park.

The first ride they all wanted to go on was the Guardians of the Galaxy ride. Hailee decided that she wasn't going to use her medical fast pass at all in the Adventure park. She thought the lines were pretty cool at this park. The park had decorated the area around the lines very well and it was cool to see. Also, Hailee didn't want her haters to think she was abusing the pass.

The 6 of them got off the ride and walked through the gift shop. The whole time they were at Disneyland, Hailee couldn't stop saying how cute the little Groot stuffed toys were. They were Groot sized and they would sit on your shoulder or your hat just like Groot did in the movies.

Hailee picked one of the Groots up and placed it on her shoulder.

"Guys! Look at how cute it is!"

"Aww Haiz. It's so cute on you! You should totally get one!" Haley said.

Hailee looked at the price but she thought it was too expensive for a small stuffed toy. She put it down and the group decided to walk over to the Cars land.

While waiting in line for the Cars, Hailee noticed that Shawn was missing.

"Guys. Where's Shawn?"

"He- umm He went to go to the bathroom." Griffin stuttered.

Hailee eyed him suspiciously but then choose to ignore the weird response.

Later, Shawn came back and then gave Berlin a hug. Hailee saw them out of the corner of her eye and was confused. But before Hailee could say anything, it was their turn to ride the ride.

Afterwards, the group went to go get some dinner. Again, they didn't want to upset their stomach by eating too much so they all got kid's meals. Then, they got in line for incredicoaster.

"Hey Hailee, can I show you something over here?" Shawn asked.

"Ya. What's up?" Hailee said as they walked a little bit away from the line.

"Close your eyes and turn around. I'll tell you when to turn around."

Hailee did as she was told. Shawn grabbed the stuffed Groot out of Berlin's backpack. He cupped it in his hands, in front of his stomach.

"Okay. Turn around."

Hailee turned around; her eyes and mouth getting wider as she turned.

"I got this for y-"

"Oh my gosh! I love it!" Hailee squealed and hugged Shawn. Her squeal caused people to look but Shawn and Hailee didn't care. She kissed him on the cheek and then went over to show the group what she had got.

"You guys knew didn't you?" Hailee asked.

"Sure did." Griffin said.

Hailee wanted to put Groot on her shoulder but they were about to get on the ride and she didn't want to loose him on the loop.

It was now sunset and the group had just gotten off of the Incredicoaster. They all wanted the iconic 'golden hour Disneyland' photo in front of the ferris wheel. Hailee had finally put Groot on her shoulder as they walked over. A few fans stopped the group to take photos with Hailee or Shawn or Hailee and Shawn. A lot of them asked if they were a couple but they told the fans no. Some asked Hailee about her condition and she just ignored them. She didn't want her birthday to be spoiled because of some random fan's question.

Finally, the 6 of them made it in front of the ferris wheel. They took a few group photos and a few with each other individually.

Shawn asked Hailee if she wanted to take a photo. She told him yes. He handed Berlin his phone. They took one nice photo and one funny photo. Hailee thought they were done taking photos so she started to move out of Shawn's reach and then he put his hand on her cheek and kissed her. She immediately kissed him back.

(I know it's not exactly how I described it but bare with me😂)

They broke apart and stared at the ground awkwardly after realizing what just happened. Luckily, an announcement came on the speakers to interrupt the silence. It said that the Adventure Park was now closing. The group started to walk back to the main park.

Hailee and Shawn didn't talk about the kiss for the rest of the night. Back at the main park, the group decided to go on some more rides. At midnight, they decided it was time to go. They all got some matching Disneyland T-shirts and some churros on their way out. Then they got in the car and drove back to Hailee's house. Haley, Shawn, and Emma decided to sleepover since it was late.

Hailee didn't mind. She was happy with it all. She was 100% sure that this was one of the best days she's had in her life and will ever have.

(1327 words)