Fairy Tail - The Lone Wolf 3

Chapter 3

“What!? Haven’t you seen that Erza was gravely hurt because of her!? What are you thinking!? She’s the one who  have made Levy and her team end up in the hospital” Gray demanded by the time Natsu and the others got back to their guild. Many of them were caught in bruises, wounds and broken bones. Some were made by Reika while in her fight with the Titania, Erza. Reika was still unconscious. Natsu laid her down to a table as he ignores Gray.

“What a minute, Gray! Calm down!” Lucy stood between Gray and Natsu after her knees were healed up, “Reika got hurt that badly because of protecting me from Master Jose!”

“Even so!” still, Gray continued complain about Reika being in their guild. The others were all quiet, not urging to stop them. In their thoughts, Gray is right even though they haven’t known anything yet.  “She’s one of Phantom Lord’s fearsome mages. She could have been ordered to do anything to destroy us! She might have been protected you and took the attack in purpose! She’s Odd Eye remember!?”

Natsu pushed Lucy away then knocked his head onto Gray, “Have you finished your pitiful complaining? Is it because you’re too scared to face her in a fight that you started this meaningless complaining? Rather than that,” Before Natsu have continued he glared at Gray, “It was my choice of bringing her here. YOU have nothing to do with it. If you ever called Reika by that stupid nickname I’ll turn you into ashes.”

Gray was speechless and was not able to fight back. He grinded and moved back.

From such fighting, slowly, Reika opens her eyes and was staggering to sit up. She held her head, “Ugh… where am I?” she asked as she saw Lucy looking at her worried, “Lucy! Are you alright? Are you hurt? Do you feel anything?”

Lucy hugged her, “Thank goodness you’re alright. Don’t worry about me I’m fine because of you, Reika. You should rest a little bit more.”

As Lucy let her go, Reika smiled in relief, “Thank you but, don’t worry about me. I must stop Master Jose or they’ll attack in no time…” Reika got off of the table. Her knees were shaking that she could barely stand up. Lucy caught her by her arms.

“You shouldn’t get up yet Reika!”

“But…” Lucy helped her to sit on the table.

“Do as she says, Rei.” Natsu stated as he went besides her and flamed up his hand, “You just ran out of fuel right? Here”

“Why… why are you doing this to me, Salamander?” Reika looked away, “I’m Phantom’s stray lapdog. So, why are you helping me? Even though… I still don’t have my memories back. Why do you trust me?”

“You’re not something like to that just because of your appearance. You’re Reika Bluesaber who I grew up with. You can’t just look down to yourself Rei.”

Reika blushed for a bit. Not expecting that someone from their rivalry guild would say something like that. For a sudden Reika looked at Gray. Gray glanced at her still not thinking keeping her in was a good idea, “Gray Fullbuster.” Reika spoke ignoring the fact that he’s still glaring at her, though she smiled, “If it wasn’t for you, I have never realized the truth. It’s normal for you to not to trust someone like me yet. I’m sorry for everything, and thank you.”

Gray was stunned by her smile, a slight of blush was written all over his face.

“He lllllllllikes you.” Happy teased, rolling his tongue.

“T-t-that’s not it!!” Gray denied as Reika chuckled, so as the others watching them.

“Reika…-san is it?” Mira approached her.