Fairy Tail - The Lone Wolf 8

Chapter 8

After calming herself down, Reika managed herself to have her conscious back. She squished her eyes then opened it widely, seeing herself trapped in an embrace as she faces a bare chest. Though Reika couldn’t picture it. She was still clueless that she was in Gray’s arms. Blinking her eyes, she groaned, “What was I…?” She asked to herself then looked up.

First seeing Gray as his head knocked onto hers gently. “Gray…?”

It took her time to realize that he was hugging her, that she blushed into a thousand shades of red.

Gray seemed to notice that she was moving, so he opened his eyes and looked down at her. “Rei..? Are you hurt?” Gray asked as he slightly letting go of her.

Reika got her eyes locked into his concerned ones and nodded. Even though she’s a fire element dragon-slayer, she felt her face burning which was so new to her. Is this what they called blushing?

 Reika got that topic aside and was curious of what just happened to her. Strange… She thought, All that I remember is that I was crying on Erza earlier… And then when we all got up… Reika immediately felt shocked. She widened her eyes, Master Jose was here.

“Gray…! What happened to me?! What did I do?!” Reika started questioning.

“Reika… Just rest, alright?” Gray lowered his head to rest on hers.

“B-but! Why can’t I remember anything from the moment I saw Master Jose?! And--!” Reika got herself speechless, right after noticing some burn marks all over his body. Now she was panicking. She might have done this to him. “Gray! Please! Tell me what happened! Why do you have burn marks on your body?! Did I did this to you?!”

“Tsk!” Gray separated his head from hers and looked deeply into her eyes. Reika’s chest started to pound hardly. “Don’t worry about me damn it! Just sleep and take a rest instead!”

Frightened, Reika bit her lips and didn’t spoke right after. She looked away with a blushing cheek and mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ even though that she doesn’t know if he saw it.

Suddenly, they have both heard a loud crash. Reika raised her head and looked around to see what it was. Her eyes widened in fear as she saw Erza getting back up in order to fight Master Jose. “Master Jose…” she said to herself and started to try to stand up just to be able to help Erza.

But her whole body was shaking, her wounds are aching and her magic, there was nothing left. Though she continues to fight it. She got onto her knees with her arms using as support, but it was trembling. From embracing her, Reika let Gray’s arm fall down to him.

Gray got surprised, “Reika! What are you doing?!” Gray held her shoulders.

“No! Let go of me Gray! I have to help… Erza!” Reika was wobbling and nearly fell, but she kept herself strong and little by little she got her one knee up while the other one was still on the floor and in front of it were her hands.

“Reika! Stop pushing yourself too hard!” Gray tried to convince her once again.

Reika moved her head, signing no, “I can still… stand.” She tried raising her other knee to stand up, but failed. She nearly fell, though caught back in Gray’s arms then hardly fell on back to the floor.

Gray sighed, “I’ve told you to stop, didn’t I? You were already trembling.” Gray patted her, “Let Erza finish this. She’ll be fine.”

“B-but..! I-I’m useless… I just want to help her…” Reika said between her sobs. She’s crying once again. Then she pushed herself to his chest, there she cried.