Fairy Tail - The Lone Wolf 14

Chapter 14

“Rei!! You there??” Natsu called as he jumps in Lucy’s room excitedly. From the window, that is.

“You there??” Happy repeated as he flew in together with Natsu.

“Hey you two!” Reika yelled angrily, “What the heck are you doing here?! It’s in the middle of the night!!”

“Well, the both of us got bored so we headed here instead~!” Happy said merrily, ignoring the fact that Reika was yelling at them at the top of her lungs.

Natsu laid on the floor, lazily, “Don’t worry, Rei. We’ve been barging in Lucy’s room even before you came.” He gave her a ‘thumbs’ up, “So she’s used to it already!”

Reika twitched and grabbed the pillow near her that was on the sofa then forcefully threw it to him, “That’s my point, stupid!” she yelled then sighed in defeat, calming herself down. She then sat on the sofa and crossed her legs, “Geez… Nearly half of the rewards money was paid to the repairs, just like I thought. If it is thanks to you, Erza, and Gray that is.” She shrugged. “I knew I shouldn’t have gone together with you guys.”

“But isn’t it fun??” Natsu gave her an encouraging smile.

“NO! IT WASN’T!!” She cried.

Natsu laughed and sat down, “Say, where’s Lucy?”

Reika leaned her elbow onto her knee and rested her chin on the palm of her hand, “Huh? She’s taking a shower, why?”

“Ah, I see.” Natsu yawned, but then he looked down like he was hesitating to ask. Reika noticed it and arched a brow, making her curious about it.

“You got something in mind, Natsu?” Reika said, calmly this time so he won’t have a problem of hesitating. Acting all tough on everyone is her attitude, but in front of Natsu whom is her brother, she can’t do that. Besides, Igneel scolded her for that too.

“I’ve wanted to ask, how did Jose…” Natsu didn’t want to continue.

“How I ended up on Phantom’s guild? Is that it?” Reika asked nicely.

Natsu looked up to her, “Y-Yeah.”

Reika sighed then placed down her legs just to sit down on the floor right in front of him. “Natsu… I know there’s a gap between us. For… I don’t know. Seven years?”

Natsu looked away. But then, Reika continued.

“I might not be the Reika I was before, but I’m sorry.” Reika said nervously as she grasps her bare feet together, “N-Natsu, you don’t have to hesitate on asking me if you want to. It even makes me feel out your place. I don’t want that.”

“Reika, Natsu, there might be a time that would be parted away from each other so keep that in mind.” Igneel stated, right after scolding the two from fighting.

The statement made Reika teary eyed while Natsu, who’s besides her, looking away was still as stubborn as always. He didn’t even give care to what Igneel said. He wanted Reika be the one to make a move and say sorry, just because of his pride.

Then, as Reika notices him not moving an inch and still looked mad at her, she began to sob quietly.

But then, her sobbing turned into a cry.

“H-hey! You’re the one started the fight then you’re the one going to cry?!” Natsu demanded.

“B-But I love Natsu… I don’t want to be parted away from him… I don’t want that…!” Reika tried to say between her sobs.