xxviii

"hyunnie? what's wrong?" chaeryoung asked as she noticed the grip on her hand got a bit tighter.

"look who decided to show up, it's his royal majesty himself." hyunjin said as he gritted his teeth, the past memories of his last encounter with jeongin resurfaced- the bitter and harsh reality all came crashing back down on him.

"uh, maybe we should just go home? yeah, maybe that's a good idea?" ryujin suggested as she tried to move hyunjin along.

"yeah, m-maybe we could watch documentaries about uhh the holocaust or something." chaeryoung added as she softly nudged the boy next to her but he wouldn't budge.

hyunjin let go of chaeryoung and ryujin's hands as his own hands balled into fists, anger clouding over his rational thoughts like rain clouds covering the sun.

he hated how jeongin looked so beautiful, how his new blonde hair suited him perfectly, how sharp his features are now.

he hated how he still wanted him with him.

but one thing that got him thinking was, why was jeongin with changbin instead of chan?

"see, i don't why you'd drag me out here when we could be at home and you could be resting." jeongin said dully as he and changbin walked around the streets, his eyes wandered along the different food stalls and those carnival games.

"thought you might need a change of scenery." changbin shrugged as he winced when he felt a sharp pain on his shoulder.

jeongin sighed, "thank you for the concern, but i'm worried about you. you said you ran into what thieves and you, a soldier of the alliance, got beaten up? is there something you're not telling me?"

changbin rolled his eyes and waved him off, "it wasn't my best day okay? but i'm fine."

"you look like a bandaged christmas elf."

changbin huffed, "i guess this is what i get for being nice."

"you tried." jeongin giggled and the older of the two smiled as he saw signs of the old prince when he heard jeongin giggle.

"well, see anything ya wanna do?" changbin asked as jeongin let his eyes wander along the sea of stalls.

"let's do- hyunjin?"

"i'm not into threesomes."

"no, look. it's hyunjin!" jeongin hissed as he grabbed changbin as the hid behind a stall.

"why are we hiding?" changbin asked.

"told him i was moving."

"why did you say that?"

"so he won't follow me all over!" jeongin whisper-yelled as he peered through the edge of the stall as he saw hyunjin in the middle of two girls.

the prince's eyebrows knitted together in fury as he saw the older enjoy the presence of the girls with him.

"this ain't a fucking harem and here he is with two chics with him."

"you literally live with like," changbin said as he counted on his fingers, "nine boys."

"this is different."

"how?"

jeongin didn't answer as he just stared angrily at them, "look at them enjoying eachother like rats in a trash can-"

"wait, are you jealous?" changbin asked as jeongin gave him a ridiculed look- complete with flushed cheeks, wide eyes, and raised eyebrows.

"m-me, jealous? wha? PFFT LOL why would i be jealous of THAT?" jeongin said as he pointed at the spot where hyunjin (and friends) were but like, they weren't there.

"oh shit."

"innie-"

"quick, they're gone we can leave and shit."

"innie."

"hurry, we might run into them and-" jeongin said as he frantically looked around.

"nice to see you again your highness."

jeongin stilled at the sound of the voice, the voice sent chills down his spine.

"shit." he cursed himself as he got caught.

"i don't think that's the proper greeting i deserve after you left me high and dry now is it your majesty?" hyunjin said to him as jeongin still refused to look him in the eye.

"what's a pretty baby like you doing there, stand up." hyunjin ordered as the younger took a deep breath as he slowly stood up.

his eyes met the thief's and everything came crashing down onto him all over, and just like that, the episode that he's been trying so hard to skip in the series that is his life is playing right in front of him.

the look in hyunjin's eyes was hard to decipher, his eyes were nothing but dark and cold, it made jeongin scared even more as he could not catch a glimpse as to what he is thinking.

jeongin tried to summon the courage he had the time he left, the time where he stripped hyunjin bare and a left him a mess. but he couldn't, it's as if that version of him was gone now and that all that's left was the jeongin of old- the one that felt safe in hyunjin's arms and the one that was sunshine and happiness, not the grunge emo little shit that he is right now.

"h-hi hyunjinnie." jeongin squeaked as hyunjin hummed, the older offered him a small smile in return.

"hey doll, i missed you." hyunjin said softly as he placed his hands onto his pockets as he stared at jeongin's flustered expression.

"i- i missed you too." jeongin said shyly.

hyunjin offered a nod to changbin's direction as he looked at ryujin and chaeryoung (who were still by his side) and said, "oh right, where are my manners. changbin hyung, prince charming, meet chaeryoung and ryujin, girlies meet the gays."

chaeryoung bowed at them and ryujin snickered, "i'll just pretend i don't know beansprout here, but hello prince charming, it's nice to finally meet the fabled prince of eden."

"i see word gets around here fast." jeongin mused as ryujin shrugged in response.

"well, uhmm, this has been nice but changbin hyung and i have to get going and-"

"leaving so soon? after we see eachother after weeks?" hyunjin said as he released a soft sigh, he ran his fingers through his midnight black hair.

"such a shame, i thought we could hang for a bit, since we won't be seeing eachother lots cause you moved and shit." hyunjin said as he emphasized on the word move.

jeongin bit his lip, unsure of what to do. on one hand, he really wanted to get the FUCK away from hyunjin as he got reminded what day it is and what possible danger hyunjin possessed.

on the other hand, he wanted to spend time with the boy he liked, the boy who showed him nothing but love and support.

he wanted to be logical, be reasonable, and act with his brain.

he should've said no.

he could've backed away.

but one long look into hyunjin's eyes and logic was thrown out the window.

"okay." jeongin said as hyunjin smirked,

"let's have fun shall we?"

'it's payback time doll.' hyunjin thought to himself as he took the younger's hand as they set off.

...

...

...

"okay, what the FUCK did we just see?" changbin said as he, ryujin, and chaeryoung stared as the two went off.

"dunno man." ryujin shrugged.

early update cause y'all deserve it
;(( love u all and thank u for 4k!!

thanks for reading!!

- ferds