xi

"i'm home and i brought strangers with me!" mrs. hwang's voice chirped as they entered her surprisingly large estate-like home.

"woah," hyunjin marveled at the sight, "you live here?"

mrs. hwang snorted, "obviously. i live here with my daughter, she's prolly asleep."

mrs. hwang motioned for them to follow her as she walked up the stairs and led them to the guestroom, "i only have one spare room sisters, hope this will suffice."

she opened the door and opened the lights to reveal a luxurious looking room- with two queen sized beds and a small bathroom. the boys gaped at it in shock as the woman giggled.

"wow." chan said as he dove for the bed and sighed in content, "this will more than suffice mrs. hwang, thank you."

the woman smiled, "alright, i'll leave you guys to it then," she turned to hyunjin, "come with me dear, let's get you fixed up."

hyunjin nodded and followed her down the stairs, she made hyunjin sit down on one of her couches as she went to the kitchen to fetch some ice.

he took a look at the surroundings and deduced that the hwangs are probably loaded to be able to afford this stuff- hyunjin swore these things only existed in the castle and royal families. he picked up one of the picture frames and studied it.

in the pic was mrs. hwang herself, doing a peace sign and had her tongue sticking out like miley cyrus and had her ass sticking out and beside her was a girl who looked a lot like her- just younger and less miley cyrus. she had cat eyes and a cute smile. there was also a man (who he assumed to be mr. hwang) who stared at mrs. hwang with a soft and fond smile on his face.

they looked like a cute and happy family. he placed it down and saw another picture next to it, it was of mrs. hwang holding up babies in her arms, a huge smile on her face as she stared at the babies she was holding onto.

hyunjin raised an eyebrow as he looked at the other photo, he only saw one girl but on the other photo mrs. hwang had two kids?

"those are my kids." hyunjin flinched as he placed the photo frame back on the table, he blushed in embarrassment that he got caught snooping around.

"i'm sorry, i- i didn't mean to snoop." hyunjin apologized as mrs. hwang gave him a smile.

she sat down next to him and offered him an ice pack- which he took graciously. he placed it on his cheek and he hissed softly as the coolness hit his cheek.

mrs. hwang picked up the picture frame where she was holding her babies as she spoke, "these are my twins. yeji and sam."

hyunjin nodded softly as mrs. hwang continued her story, "before the coup by the king, ya know when everything hasn't gone to shit i had twins. a girl and a boy, they were everything i had. me and my husband were so happy, we were gonna settle down and start a family."

"but the war happened and we had to flee, i don't know if you heard about the hwangs before but we were a royal family, part of jasmine yang's court. so we lived near the palace." she explained as she went on,

"we're muggles. we don't have skills that were of use but we did our best to help fend off jonghyun and his army."

flashback:

"this is going nowhere! there's too many of them!" mrs. hwang said as she impaled a soldier in the neck with her knife.

mr. hwang looked around, he was juggling a crying seven year old boy in his arms as mrs. hwang did the same as she held onto a girl and her knife on the other.