xxvi

hyunjin laid on the blanket he had found somewhere in their apartment as he looked up to the sky.

it had been quite the emotional few weeks for him, he cried the first week, he asked himself what he had done wrong that could've to have these series of unfortunate events happen to him.

he still couldn't believe that jeongin wasn't the person he thought he was. that the sweet, lovable, and kind prince was actually cold, vindictive, and cruel. the prince who had built him up was the same one who burned him down all over again.

it hurt hearing all of those from him, it really did.

but then again, this was the world he had grown accustomed to, so after a week or so he just kept to himself, go to work, and then when he comes go home and lay down on his blanket and stare up the sky.

if there was one thing that remained consistent in hyunjin's life was the calming effect that the night sky had on him, it removed all of his worries, anger, and all that negative vibe seemed to be washed away and forgotten as if they were writings on the sand.

"hey, i was wondering where you were." hyunjin heard someone say as he heard the person's footsteps move closer towards him.

"you know i'm always here in the rooftops lixie." hyunjin said as he didn't bother to look his bestfriend in the eye.

felix sat beside him as they both stared up the sky, both enjoying the comfortable silence that engulfed them.

"did you expect that they'd leave us like that?" hyunjin asked suddenly as felix looked at him.

"hmm? what do you mean by that?" the aussie asked.

"that they'd just disappear and all, like did we do something wrong?" hyunjin said softly as felix gave him a sympathetic look.

the aussie slowly placed hyunjin's head onto his lap as he played with his hyung's hair, "to be honest, i'm not so sure myself hyunnie. i don't think we did anything wrong, i guess that's just how life is. the only permanent thing here is impermanence, nothing lasts forever."

hyunjin scooted closer to felix, "did you ever get a chance to say goodbye to channie hyung?"

felix snickered, "nah, they just left so suddenly that i don't really know what to do with the situation."

"i guess it's really just the two of us huh?" hyunjin said as he looked up to him.

felix smiled as he booped hyunjin's nose, "always."

"don't worry hyungie, all of this will be over soon, we'll be okay."

"i hope so lixie."

the two stayed there for another hour or so before they decided to go down and sleep, as hyunjin got up, he grasped his head in pain as he staggered a bit.

"hyunnie! are you okay?" felix asked as he held onto him as hyunjin nodded,

"y-yeah, it's just a migraine that's all. nothing serious."

felix gave him a look, as if he wasn't too confident about hyunjin's answer.

"alright then, let's get you to bed yeah?" he said as he lead him down and helped him to their apartment.

unlike a few weeks ago when their apartment was lowkey bare and all, the two had managed to scrape and buy a few more things for themselves and now they have a few more things that they can call theirs.

hyunjin had busied himself with work and he also managed to find another part-time job when jinyoung made him go home early on certain days. he also now worked in the grocery nearby where he helped restock and shit.

felix disappeared during mornings and came home late, hyunjin doesn't bother to ask as the aussie probably had way too much on his plate as well, plus, he brought home food and a little bit of money too so hd assumed he found a job as well.

"here, lay down gently." felix said as he helped hyunjin down the bed.

hyunjin held felix's hand and pulled him close to him, making the aussie fall on top of him.

felix blushed furiously at the action as hyunjin held onto him protectively, "lixie." he said as it sent a few shivers down the younger's spine.

"y-yes hyung?"

"you won't leave hyung too right?"

"n-no, it's me and you against the world right?" felix squeaked as hyunjin hummed in response as he gave felix a kiss on the cheek.

"lixie and jinnie?" he asked as felix giggled.

"lixie and jinnie."

that night felix slept in hyunjin's arms, cuddling him and giving quality jinlix shit we all secretly ship.

felix woke up at like three in the morning when he saw someone tap on their window.

felix grumbled as he slowly detached himself from hyunjin as he opened the window and hissed,

"what the fuck is it now seungmin?"

seungmin snickered, "oh i'm sorry, did i interrupt your little cuddling session with your mans?"

felix fought back a blush as he hit seungmin's shoulder, "shut up, what is it?"

"we gotta go lover boy. we have a job." seungmin reminded him as felix sighed as he slowly climbed out the window.

he gave hyunjin's sleeping form one last look as he whispered, "soon jinnie hyung, this will be all over and we can be happy together."

the two theives then ran off in the dark, with their mission becoming their priority.

"how's everything going so far?" felix asked as they jumped from roof to roof.

before seungmin could answer the two immediately jumped off the roof they were on just in time as they dodged a barrage of knives thrown at them as they landed on the street as they smirked knowingly at one another.

"aww, looks like someone wants to play." seungmin snickered.

"c'mon binnie binbin, show yourself." felix said as changbin jumped down from the roof next to them.

"what the fuck are you two doing here?" changbin growled as seungmin raised an eyebrow at him.

"we missed you too bub, but do shit like that again and i'm using your head as a dart."

"shut up." changbin hissed as he raised his sword.

"and what are you gonna do with that hmm? play hero?" felix taunted as changbin sprinted towards him.

as he was about to swing at felix, the blade suddenly melted and felix gave him a swift kick right across the face.

seungmin followed it up with an uppercut as the older boy fell to the ground.

"such a waste of skill," felix tsked as he crouched next to him and caressed his face, "would be a shame if you were to end up in the losing side of things when this is all over bun. a pretty face like you shouldn't go to waste."

"i don't see anything but ugliness." seungmin said as he snickered.

"you can still switch sides bin, it's nothing new to you anyways."

"like hell i'd join you guys again."

felix hummed as he grabbed his dagger and slowly pressed it against changbin's cheek as he slashed him, making the older hiss at the pain.

"here, something to remember us by." felix said as the two then walked off leaving changbin a mess on the street, battered, bruised, and broken.

"most people just give a kiss on the cheek but okay."

why do i feel like every update i post suck :(( im sorry if it does i'll try and do better next week!!

thank u for 3k :(( love u all

thanks for reading!!

- ferds