Chapter Twenty Five: Goodbye's

Start from the beginning

"What do you want?" Kylo growled, placing his hand on his hip where his lightsaber was, it was a facade and I tried not to laugh.

"Kylo Ren. Filia Tenebris." He said, nodding at both of us, I wanted to smile at him but I knew Kylo would scold me for it later so I settled with a curt nod. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but there is to be a meeting in one hour at the officials room, and you are both required to go." He said.

"We'll be there, thank you." I said, when Kylo didn't say anything. The sargent bowed deeply before strutting off, his steps even more uniform than his suit.

"You think he's handsome?" Kylo asked turning towards me. He took off his mask so that I could see his face, not that I needed to, I could feel the jealousy rolling off of him in hot waves.

"Are you serious?" I asked, covering my mouth to hide the smile, "are you actually jealous? The Kylo Ren is jealous?" He rolled his eyes and walked up to me, grabbing my arm tightly and leading me out of the room.

"I am not jealous." He said, as we walked down the corridor. I half ran to keep up with his long strides, he had to be walking so briskly to toy with me. Once we got to the room and the door shut behind us I walked up to him and held his hand in mine.

"You know I'd never choose anyone over you, right?" I asked, squeezing his hands gently. He bit his lip, some guilt apparent in his hazel eyes. "But I'm flattered that you care that much about me." I said, kissing him on the cheek.

I let go of his hands and started to gather my outfit for the day, it consisted of a plain black jacket zipped up to my throat and black jeans, along with my heeled boots. Kylo had suggested that I wore a helmet, but I chose not to. I didn't want people to start to think that I was a man, I wanted them to know that I was a woman, a woman with power, a woman who shouldn't be messed with.

The only people who really had power in the First Order were men, whether that be Hux, Kylo, Snoke or any other general or member of counsel. I wanted them to know that women were just as, if not more, capable than men. That we could be in charge too, and not just maids or stylists, that we had brains and aren't just bodies to mess with.

"For the record." Kylo said, pulling me out of my thread of ongoing thoughts, "I was not jealous." He said, starting to peel off his training clothes and slip into his armor.

"It's okay, I'm not judging you." I said putting my clothes into the crook of my arm and heading to the bathroom to shower, "and besides it was kind of cute to see how flustered you got." I said before slipping into the bathroom, giggling.

We got to the council room one minute before we were told to, Kylo said we should have been two minutes late to establish power, but seeing as the meeting apparently concerned us I forced him to go earlier. It was either we both go, or I go alone, and seeing as he didn't want me to be alone in a room full of power hungry men who would love to see me die, it would have to be the first option.

When we got there the room fell silent. The council were sitting around a rectangular table, Hux was on one end of the table and the other was left open, for Kylo. We sat down in our seats, mine directly on his left and the council started the meeting.

"Kylo Ren how has the training been going with your apprentice Filia Tenebris?" Hux asked, his eyes flickering between the two of us. I noted the suspicious look on his face and the slight grin that was apparent on his lips. He was up to something, I was sure of it.

"It is going extremely well." Kylo responded smoothly, Hux nodded but continued to prod at him anyways.

"Why would you say that it's going extremely well, especially when the two of you are too busy to train-" He started but Kylo interrupted him before he could finish.