Chapter 39 - Regret

I took the job at Coltons and so far I was enjoying it, nothing more had happened with him since the interview he was just a natural flirt. Actually he was really easy to talk to and I found myself looking forward to our daily catch ups before the bar opened at 10. 

It was the June long weekend so after finishing work on Friday night I had 3 days off. The boys went into daycare 2 days per week on a Wednesday and Thursday, Jax and I dropped them off before work, the rest of the days Sophia looked after them for me. 
I had just finished putting them down for the night when I heard the front door slam followed by a female yelling, I checked on Greyson who was fast asleep, made my way to Asher's room to double check him also before making my way downstairs.

"For fucks sake Harper keep your god damn voice down" Jackson spoke through gritted teeth

"Don't swear at me Jackson, I want answers NOW"

"Ugh I don't know what to tell you, you want some sort of commitment, I can't give it to you"

"But you can stay here in this house and play happy families with HER" Harpers voice was dripping with malice,

"Pull you head in Harper, Skye is my best friend, they are my brothers children, my DEAD brothers children, this is MY family Harper"

"I can't keep doing this with you Jackson, you won't even sleep with me anymore" 

"Don't put that shit on me Harper, you started that"

"Because I told you I loved you and you left me" I coughed to make my presence known, "And of course now she's here" 

I ignored Harpers words and spoke directly to Jackson, "The boys are sleeping Jax, you need to keep it down"

"No worries, She's leaving anyway" I nodded and left them too it. Making myself a hot tea I moved to the lounge to watch a movie, I heard muffled voices for a few minutes before the front door slammed again. 
I selected a movie called 'knock knock' it was supposed to be some sort of a thriller perfect for a long weekend, It was barely passed the credits when Jackson came in, his hair wet from the shower, chest bare and trackies hanging low on his hips

"You Ok?" I asked him,

"Yeah I'm good" he paused "She is fucking bat shit crazy" I laughed with him,

"She loves you"

"So she says"

"You don't love her?" he shook his head,

"Nah, it just isn't there" he paused not taking his eyes off the TV "Can I watch this with you?"

"Of course" I stood up allowing him to take the first position on the lounge, laying down with his back pressed against the side, one leg on the lounge bent at the knee, the other on the floor"

"Grab the blanket, you'll get cold" he told me, I stuck my tongue out at him but grabbed the throw off the arm chair before I snuggled between his legs, My head on his chest, my back to his front and covered us with the blanket. The movie started and it actually wasn't too bad, My body was completely relaxed against Jacksons his fingers tracing circles on my stomach under my shirt, I moaned into the motions that were leaving a goosebump trail on my skin,

"You Ok there baby?" Jackson asked, his voice hushed, but I could sense the smirk in his words,

"Yeah" I breathed out "feels good" 

"Sure does" his lips were above my ear where he placed a light kiss, I could feel my chest rising and falling at a quicker rate as his hand moved up my shirt towards my braless breasts, his fingers grazed up and over my globes ever so slightly running over my nipples as his lifted my shirt higher, I moved my neck forward allowing him to remove it completely. My bare back pressed against his naked chest as he brought both hands to my exposed breast cupping them in his hands, his fingers pinching and twisting my nipples.