Far from it

"Are you still happy being with me?"

Her eyes widened in surprise. The only thing that can be heard are the crickets of the night. Sasuke's heart is beating wildly. He asked a question he's unsure of the answer. If she answers no, he would have to let her go. If she answers yes, it is uncertain that he wouldn't hurt her again. He is afraid... But his heart wishes..no. his heart screams that she would stay. The silence feels heavy and neither of them looked away, eyes still locked on each other.

"W-why are you asking me this?" her eyes turned red yet again, tears threatening to fall.

"I.... I don't want you to be unhappy. I know that for sure."

Tears are now falling from her emerald orbs, she slowly reached for his cheek.

"I am."

Sasuke let out the breath he didn't know he was holding. He pulled her close and pulled her into a tight embrace. It's overwhelming. He can feel it. Tears are now falling from his eyes too. He hugged her tighter. He let out big huffs of breath as she hugs him back. He cried in her arms, head buried between her shoulder blade and her neck. Sakura hugged him back, her own tears drenching her face. 

Yes. She's still happy with him.  Even though her marriage with him is difficult but most marriage are. And she has accepted that. She thought she would get tired of loving this man who doesn't seem to show any effort of loving her back, but he did. And she can feel it more than he's showing it. She knows. He loves her so much he is willing to let her go. She pulled away from their embrace and she is surprised that Sasuke's face was also drenched with his tears.

"Sa-Sasuke-kun... You're.... you're crying."

Sasuke embarrassedly wiped his tears with his arms and looks away. She giggled. He's too cute. 

"Shut up."

Without a second thought, Sakura pulled him for a kiss. Sasuke was caught off-guard but regained his composure and kissed her back. They shared a sweet kiss, and Sakura wasn't sure if it was butterflies in her stomach, or their baby moving inside her tummy. Either way, they both know this is not the end for the both of them. It's far from it...  Sasuke pressed their foreheads together, both eyes closed as they feel their intimacy. With determination, Sasuke said..

"I swear on my life... I will protect you both. I love you."

A/N: ( Sorry this chapter is short. I will try to edit and update quite often. Sorry for the late update! Hope you continue to support me and Just This Once until the end! THANK YOU SO MUCH)