Nightmares

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"WAKE HIM UP, NARUTO! PLEASE!"

"I'm trying, Sakura-chan." Damn his nightmares are getting worse.

Sasuke's breathing became rapid and hoarse as cold sweat did not stop forming on his forehead, eyes shut tight. Sakura woke up to a squirming Sasuke beside her and also tried to shake her husband into consciousness but it did not work. She got worried and called Naruto who was outside as a lookout but even he, it seems is having a hard time waking him up.

"NO! SAKURA!"

Sasuke bolted up screaming receiving worried looks from his wife and his friend. Both of them let out a sigh of relief. With heavy breathing, Sasuke calmed himself down and looked over to his wife. Seeing that she is safe and sound beside him, he pulled her into an embrace carefully. Naruto would usually comment on this but seeing how his friend was just now, he let it be.

"I'm sorry I made you worry" 

"It's fine." Sakura smiled behind her worried facade.

"What were you dreaming anyway?" asked Naruto

"Naruto." Sakura warned.

"What? I was just asking but hey, dude. If you can't tell, that's fine."

"No. It's like a premonition or something so I think we need to talk."

"I'll scout outside for now, and take a rest and also, I need to send my hawk to this nearby village. This mission could be an ambush. We need to be extra careful."

"No need to do that, Sasuke-kun" Pakkun arrived.

"Ara, Pakkun-san! Aren't you too old to be delivering messages?" Sakura said

"Indeed I am Sakura but let's not get into that. I'm here to relay a message that you must return to the village immediately."

The Sannin looked at each other and back to Pakkun, faces asking for confirmation.

"Kakashi.. No... Rokudaime-sama has a hunch that it could be ambush but not with you three.. But in the village."

"What?" Naruto asked shocked.

"The absence of you three, especially you Naruto, gives the rogue ninjas ideas to infiltrate and plans to attack Konoha. That's what Kakashi explained. We are all aware that the Hokage and its ninjas are capable of protecting the village but the enemy is like the last time, we are not prepared to face another foe like Kaguya once more."

"Then what was the use of sending us here? Sakura is currently in a state where her chakra and her body are restricted to do strenuous events." irritated, Sasuke can only pinch the bridge of his nose.

"We took the bait" Sakura interjected.

"What do you mean?"

"The rogues know that we, or I rather, will take on this mission because of my will to take care of the people. They know I can't refuse and..."  Sakura gasped. 

"What is is Sakura-chan?"

"They know I'm pregnant, and they know Sasuke won't let me leave the village alone."

"So this is well planned huh?" Naruto said

"Ah. I'm afraid so."

"So someone we know is behind this?"

"It could be."

"Pakkun did Kakashi-sensei say anything about the enemy? Who ordered it or did he say who it could be?"

"No, I'm sorry. I must return, do you have anything else to relay?"

"Yes. Please tell the Rokudaime that we will return at once." Sasuke said

"Also, please tell him what we have discovered."

"Hai. Then, goodbye and safe journey back, kids!" With a puff of smoke, Pakkun is gone.