Chapter 11: Leaving it all to fate

Sakura laid in her hospital bed deep in thought. She should've just got it over with. She regretted waiting for another day to face him, and now she can't sleep. Her hand slowly reached down to her abdomen and felt a little bulge. She smiled. It's her baby. Something she can call her own. Her smile slowly turns into a frown when Sasuke popped into her head. Because of him, she almost lost the baby but it's also partly her fault that happened. She stressed over something she expected to happen. She felt like she's already a bad mom for putting her child in danger. She fears Sasuke's appearance in the hospital earlier was only because of her. She's terrified that Sasuke wouldn't want the child or the other way around. 

That he only wants the child and not care about her... He wants to revive the clan after all. Maybe people were right? Did he marry her just to revive the clan? Whatever his reason is, she will keep this child, with or without him.

Sakura mentally slapped herself for thinking of such things and decided to let fate control it and she'll talk to him first thing in the morning.

Sasuke's not having it easy too. He paced back and forth in their living room, finding it hard to sleep that night. The way Sakura looked at him, terrified him. He has felt this before when he felt like she gave up on him. He knows that in people's eyes it's seems like he's been taking all those second chances for granted, but he's not. He wants to do well so much he messes up. He wants to show her that he loves her more than she loves him now. But every time he tries, he messes up.

If it were the old Sasuke, he would already have left and tell his self that she's off to someone better. She doesn't deserve to be with someone like him. She deserve to be given the love she gives so much to him, who will show her that she's the whole universe. His universe. His life. Shaking his head in disapproval, Sasuke grabbed his coat and fled to the hospital. He's a new man because of her. And the new Sasuke wouldn't abandon her just because of his own insecurities. 

I've decided I'll bring them both home back to me. 

On his way to the hospital, he saw an oh so familiar face walking towards an infamous ramen stand. Naruto's hand were in his pockets and has a smug look on his face. Sasuke rolled his eyes on that.

"What's with that look Naruto?"

"Where are you heading in the middle of the night, Sasuke?"

"Where do you think?"

"Well, I hope you don't run out of the village this time."

When Naruto received silence, his eyes glared at Sasuke.

"Are you?"

"No."

"Then why didn't you reply?"

"I...I don't know."

Naruto looked at his teammate and sighed. 

"Come on. Let's go grab some ramen."

"Aren't you supposed to be with your wife or something?"

"Psh. Says the man who also wandered on the street." Naruto snickered. 

When they reached the stand and placed an order, there's a good silence between the two and Naruto decided to break it.

"Were you heading there perhaps?"

"No. She wanted to be alone for now so I'm giving her at least that right now."

"So where were you going?"

"...."

Once again, Naruto's eyes narrowed suspiciously as he looks at his friend. He grabbed his shoulders forcefully to make Sasuke face him, and looked directly into his mismatched eyes.

"Where were you going, Sasuke."

"The bench near the gate."

"Dude, that's too cheesy."

"Shut up. I only wanted to go there because I'm hesitating to go in the hospital. She asked me to give her some space and I'm really trying here."

"I know you are. We'll leave it all to fate, huh?"

"I guess so."