Arrival

Sakura felt a stabbing pain in her abdomen. Contractions? No. It shouldn't be this painful. The baby kicked? No, this doesn't feel like it. She felt the other side of the shared futon slightly shake and remembered her husband sleeping beside her.
She reached out to wake him but another stabbing pain hit her. She couldn't make a sound because of the pain. She caressed her swollen belly to check on the baby, her fingers glowing bright green as she allowed her fingers to send chakra flows in. All seems fine but because of the pain, Sakura can hardly concentrate. Cold sweat started to cover her forehead as she stretched out her hand to wake Sasuke up.

Another stabbing pain.

"Aaaah!" she hissed. With this, Sasuke woke up immediately and stared at his pregnant wife, sitting curled into a semi-ball position, clutching her stomach and seeming in pain.
 Sasuke wasted no second and got up to assist his wife.

"What's happening? What's wrong?"

"I don't know"

"Is it time?"

"I-I don't know it's a little too early."

"I knew this was a bad idea. We should have never left the village again."

Sakura groaned in pain. She can't argue with her husband because he is right.  After the incident, Sakura was placed on bedrest by Tsunade and so she decided to drown herself in medical books and medical scrolls at home. She discovered that the kunai the enemy used was covered in somewhat of a poisonous plant but the enemy was no medic so they thought that just rubbing the plant on the blade would make it lethal. 

She informed Kakashi and Tsunade about this and said that if she could find an antidote for it, then if enemies would make a poison correctly out of that plant, they would already have a saving grace for it. 

But finding the antidote means leaving the village, in which Kakashi learned quite harshly that a particular black-haired guy with red murderous eyes would come at his throat if he sent his wife on another journey after the failed assassination that took place the last time but just by looking at his only female student, he can't help but break out in a cold sweat because once Sakura decides on something, she will do it one way or another.

What a stubborn couple they are. Maybe that's why they're together. Kakashi sighed and called for a special force anbu before calling Sasuke to inform him about his heavily pregnant wife's intention to leave the village against his wishes, and possibly, against a direct order. 

"Huh. That was.. easy." Kakashi said when the stubborn couple left his office. Surprisingly, Sasuke did not try to kill him or even attempt to once he explained what his wife wanted to do. Maybe it has to do with the fact that she was clinging to him with a slight pout and puppy eyes. He did have the dark aura Kakashi had expected but it was darker than he remembered. 

Sasuke gave a hesitant nod and a very stuttery "Yes, sir." Sakura's eyes beamed and lightened up with excitement, so she hugged her husband, thanking him for agreeing. Kakashi saw how Sasuke's eyes softened at the sight of his wife happy. Kakashi thought he was out of the woods because of it but was wrong. While Sakura was hugging her husband, Sasuke gave Kakashi a very sharp look. The one that says "You'll regret this." or "You'll wish you were never born" look. 

And so, here they are, in the middle of the woods, him and his heavily pregnant, contracting wife. 

"I'm. . I'm sorry, Sasuke-kun."

"Let's not talk about that now. I need to bring you somewhere. I can't let you give birth here in the middle of the forest."

Another contraction hit Sakura and so she held her husband's hand, squeezing it as the pain hit her but not too roughly that he got hurt.

It hurts Sasuke to look at his wife in pain and he can do nothing to relieve it. He let out a "tsk." when Sakura hissed in pain again. Then suddenly he remembered that one of Orochimaru's hideouts is near their location. Fighting with his thoughts and with no other choice, Sasuke decided to give it a go. It's better that his wife gives birth there than in the forest. 

With that thought, Sasuke decides.

"Sakura... This may not be the best option but I can't let you give birth here."

"I can't be choosy now. My contractions are now close apart. Anywhere, Sasuke-kun."

"Ok."