Hold Me Close

They stayed there, holding each other. No words said. They only stayed in comfortable silence. That is, when Sasuke's thought get in the way. He pulled away from their embrace, his hand landed on her shoulder, he crouched to her level, looked deep into her eyes.

"Never think that I don't want this baby."

"But you-"

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way."

Sakura just stared at him with brows furrowed. Shaking her head, she sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry too. I'm too insecure."

"You have all the right to feel that way. What I did was unacceptable."

Sasuke pulled her, yet again, in another embrace. Before all of this, he is incapable of physical affection. He knows Sakura is known for her strength and her skills, but when it comes to him, it seems like she's always about to break. A fragile cherry blossom ready to drift off with the wind. He feels like he's strong enough to keep this flower safe. When he holds her in his arms it feels like she would be safe there. If she's there, ....

He knows she will never let go.

"Sakura... What are you thinking right now?"

"....." 

"Please tell me."

"...."

He released her from him and made her sit on the bed. When she didn't make a sound, he decided to call it for the night. She shouldn't be stressed from all of this. They'll talk in the morning. 

"Why don't you get some rest. We'll talk in the morning. It's getting late."

He walks away towards the door to leave when Sakura grabbed him by the arm to stop him. He took a step back and faced her. Her head hanging low, her hand still grasping his arm. He stayed silent for a while, waiting for her to speak. When she didn't, he sighed and kneeled in front of her, took her hand in his and lifter her chin up, making her look at him.

"Sakura. We're fine right?"

She nodded.

"Then, what is it?"

"I.... I'm.. I was.. terrified" she muttered.

He stayed silent. He's waiting for her to continue but he know what she's about to say. He just needs to hear it from her.

"I had too many thoughts in my head I'm sorry." her voice wavered as she say it, her eyes brimming with tears and instantly, she was crying hard.

"I almost lost our baby because of my ignorance, I'm sorry. I'm such a troublemaker. I .... I only brought you trouble, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm such a burden." she's breaking. Her arms wrapped around herself, her eyes tightly closed shut as she cries.  Sasuke stared at his wife with worry and without a second thought, his lips crashed with hers. His arm snaked around her petite form and holds her like life is at stake. She needs to know.

"Never did I think about those about you. If there's someone who had the need to apologize, it's me. Because I made you feel those things. And I'm sorry for that, Sakura...."

She cries until his shirt drenched with her tears and he let her cry. Although it breaks his heart seeing her as broken as she is right now, she needs to let it all out. 

When her crying subsided and her bawling turned to sniffles and hiccups, he slowly pushed her away from his chest, his hands on her shoulder.

"Sakura..."

Her head still hung low.

"Sakura, please look at me."

And she did. She looked up at his dark obsidian eyes. It broke Sasuke. His chest clenched in pain, eyebrows furrowed.  Her eyes doesn't sparkle like before.

With heavy heart, he said

"Are you still happy being with me?"