S.1 E.11 ~ SoM (Ch. 73)

The stench of the crimson liquid that ran through our bodies wasn't in my nostrils. The sight of organs that are suppose to be kept in my existence didn't show itself like a horror film in my eyes. No. 

It's a normal, clean air smell instead of the gory past's smell. Crops that these women had grown was a sight I never thought I'd see again. The flowers that the children have grown with pure love and gardening techniques was something off of a movie. 

The smell here is so much better than the dust and disgusting smell of blood from people I didn't even know names to. I allowed myself to settle down on top of the freshly cut grassy hill, watching the clean, clear water run across the rocks it battled.

It ran somewhere in the abyss, but I trust this water more than I have ever trusted anything I've drank in the past three years. It looks fresh enough to drink right here, right now; no waiting an hour to cleanse it or find other methods to clear it of bacteria. 

Rocks were bumps in the roadway that water either had to separate, only to join back, or the liquid substance just drowned the hard mineral all together.

"Are you the new girl?" A small, timid voice asked from behind my seated self.

I turned my whole body to the side to view a red-haired beauty with freckles running wildly across her pale face. The skin covering her muscles and veins shined against the bright rays of the brightest star in the sky. 

She looked so carefree; like what was happening outside of these walls were so unknown to her little mind. Unlike mine, her nails were cut clean and short with not even a small atom of dirt. The girl looked to be in good health. 

No signs of scratches or even scars. Anything that was apocalyptic-prone, to be honest. She was an angel that didn't even known the word Hell; she didn't know the Hell out there. So close. Inching it's way closer and closer to what she called Heaven, or even home.

"Oh, uh, y-yeah. (Y/N)." I hesitantly stood before her, my eyes going from her shiny black shoes to her ocean blue eyes, "(Y/N) Thompson."

The carrot head teenager just looked down at my hand that was stretched out as if it was the disease itself in the form of my hand. Is this not how you greet people anymore? Have I lost my touch? 

I couldn't hold my knife to her throat. That would be considered a death wish here.. So, what do I do now? A small gasp left my lips when her arms wrapped around my rib cage and pulled her body close to my own.

What the hell? Is this a new hand-to-hand combat move? She was at least three inches shorter than me so her head reached under my chin. How could she possibly look my age, though? Maybe she isn't my age. 

"What are you doing, silly?" The stranger giggled a cute little giggle, leaning back as she still kept me in her embrace.

Her freckles began to be more prominent as a dusk of red sprinkled onto the top of her cheeks. Why is her face doing that? Hey! My face does that whenever I touch 10K! Are we sick or is it that hot out here?

"Wh-What are you doing? Are you trying to hurt me?"

If she was, it'd be failing. I could feel all ten of her fingers pressed against my back as her warm arms just pulled me tighter towards herself while my hands were raised in the air in surrender. Still, the young girl just giggled at me.

Did-Are-She-Is this a test for something?

"No, silly! I'm trying to greet you. Isn't this how people greet each other?"

No, 'silly'. This is a death wish out there. You don't hug strangers. You only hug the people you know and trust.

"I, uh, haven't seen many nice people to be able to greet like this." I reminded myself of the fake Jesus freaks, the Jersey Boys, and the Bear family.