In the end, it didn't matter if I had Gaia's grace, I was still going to fight for my kingdom.

"What if we encounter bears?" Jax asked. We started our trek through the woods, away from the street. According to the Bleeders, it would have been a disruption to the normal life of people of Earth, so going through the woods was our best option. It wasn't like we weren't used to sleeping on dirt anyway. It would be like any other day.

"We escaped hounds and you're worried about bears?" Kora scoffed. Everyone chuckled as Jax threw one hand in the air in exasperation.

"Bears are much bigger than hounds and more violent here!"

I had a faint memory from Earth's bears. Unlike those in the land, Earth's bears were more territorial. If they were provoked, then they would attack if necessary. My science tutor once taught me that if I was ever in the presence of a bear from Earth, to send out a quick prayer and know what steps to follow; be it play dead or run away.

In Caeleste, bears weren't as violent. They weren't creatures known for their danger. Instead they were big cuddly beasts that loved to play with any random stranger. They were so adorable. I used to ask my parents to go find them out in their places of hiding and have a day with them.

However, I wasn't so keen on doing the same on Earth.

"Would you relax? We won't encounter a bear. We just need to find a safe road to walk on and get to the nearest place to eat. We need to feed Ella before she passes out after her first jump." Herc nodded to me. I quirked a brow but didn't complain. I was somewhat woozy.

We trudged through the woods and a deep sense of mystery surrounded us. The trees and the light escaping from their vermiculo, which I think was called the sun, shone through in pieces, casting an eerie glow around us. I did not enjoy it.

I was afraid of encountering a bear. I was afraid of losing my medallion and having no magic. I was afraid of being stranded in a foreign world where I could cease to exist without seeing my home ever again.

I did not want to be there, but I understood why we were. We had to escape King Rasmus' men until everything died down. We couldn't risk our lives until we went back to our land to give Bachus the infamous insigne.

Being a Bleeder was hard work.

"Everyone, quiet," Gaia ordered. We stopped in our tracks and listened. I froze, petrified about the possibility of an actual bear. "I think there are people here."

I quirked a brow at the thought of seeing people who lived in a land with no magic. They went about their lives doing everything themselves. Nothing was made out of the powers of their rulers, instead everything was handcrafted.

Were these people bitter from their lack of power? Would they attack us?

"Maybe they can help us find food," Adonis suggested. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Gaia, you know what you gotta do," Herc said.

I frowned and turned to Marisole. She hooked her arm with mine as we continued to trudge in the direction of the people's voices. "Gaia is the only one who speaks fluent English. It comes with the blessings of the Maior."

That made perfect sense.

We continued walking in the direction of the faint noises. I heard whispers before everything suddenly turned quiet. Every bit of me wanted to turn back around and go back to our land, but I knew I couldn't.

"Hello?" Someone called out.

When we were able to step into a clearing, my eyes adjusted to see the most hideous metal contraption in a dirt road. A girl, more or less our same age, hid inside of it, holding what seemed to be the door of it. A man stood outside, staring quite incredulously at us. He must have been the one who said something earlier.

He was tall and insanely built. He mirrored Herc, but with a tad bigger height. His skin was lighter than the average Flamber, but much darker than most other kingdoms. His sharp eyes and angular features made his face appear squared-like.

"Hi," Gaia spoke, stepping towards the man. I had no clue what the noise she made meant, but I was hoping that they were good people that would help us get to some place with decent food.

"Can we help you?" The man said. Everything in me wanted to understand what he was saying, but I could only hope it was good. Gaia didn't seem frightened, so that was a good sign.

The girl hiding in the metal contraption, came out, and walked towards the man. She was an interesting beauty. Fair skin, murky eyes, and brunette hair. She almost appeared Jubaren if it weren't for her eyes. She hooked her arms with the man, staring at us with a frown.

"Yes, can you give us directions to the closest place to get food?" Gaia continued.

Just as the man was about to reply, the girl pointed to Jax. "Is he alright?"

"Er-yes, he is fine. He got hurt on our way here."

"Does he need to go to the hospital?"

"No, of course not," Gaia waved her hands in front of her, "it is alright. We need directions to buy food only."

The woman frowned but said nothing more. I wondered what she was saying about Jax. Perhaps Gaia would fill us in after we went on our way. In the meantime, I was perplexed about whether I should be cowering in fear or prepared for any type of attack. The male Bleeders seemed to be prepared to jump at anyone if necessary.

"Uh, yeah, there's a Taco Bell about ten minutes from here," the man said.

"I have seen a couple of those, but I have never tried them. What do they sell?" Gaia asked.

"They specialize in tacos," the woman spoke. "But they have other stuff if you don't like tacos."

"I do not think I have ever eaten a taco, but I guess today will be the day. How do I get there?"

The woman pursed her lips, studying Gaia.

"Just go down this road all the way to the end, make a right, and you'll see it come up in a few." The man pointed up the dirt road. I followed his lead to the road that seemed never ending. It reminded me of when I escaped the palace. A pang of guilt hit me, but I shook the thought away. I couldn't go back in time.

"Thank you very much for your help," Gaia said.

She turned to us and pointed to the same place where the man did seconds before. Herc nodded without her saying anything, and they took the lead. We followed obediently, but everything in me wanted to run away. That wasn't the attitude a Bleeder should have, much less a royal.

We trudged forward, hoping to find food to get our energies up. We needed it in a foreign place like this. The last thing we needed was to collapse in a place without magic, without resources, and without our familiar way of life.

I desperately wanted to go back home.