27•

I watched as Max wrapped her arms around Lucas, a girl wrapped her arms around Will and El wrapped her arms around Mike. They were dancing to 'Every breath you take' by The Police and a smile made its way onto my face, they all looked so happy.

I scanned my eyes around the room and noticed Dustin sitting on the bleachers. Poor kid, who wouldn't want to dance with him? Just as I was about to walk over and save the day, Nancy beat me to it. I grinned as she told Dustin where to put his hands and motioned for him to move closer.

I looked away to pour myself a glass of punch. I took a drink of it as I glanced back into the crowd, nearly choking when I saw Max kiss Lucas. A grin quickly reappeared on my face. Billy would have had a heart attack if he saw that.

When the song ended, Nancy came back over to to the stand just as I'd finished my second cup of punch.

"That was really nice of you." I nodded in the direction of Dustin, who was now sitting on the bleachers with the rest of the gang.

"He's a good kid." She grabbed a napkin to clean up a few drops of punch that were on the table.

I glanced at the clock. Only twenty more minutes to go. I wonder if I could sneak out early without Lindsey seeing as she had been stalking the hall all night. "You going to be good here Nance? I'm going to get some air."

"Mmhmm." She smiled. I quickly walked across the hall and out the door while Lindsey had her back turned.

"Stupid Lindsey not even helping....thinking she runs the place.... completely useless." I grumbled as I walked over to Billy's car. He was sitting in the driver's seat with the door open and smoking a cigarette.

"You look happy." He took another drag.

"Stupid Lindsey." I muttered again before I leant against the side of the car. Billy flicked away his cigarette and got out of the car to stand beside me.

"Lindsey, sounds hot." I whipped my head around to glare at him. "I'm joking babe, relax." He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. Dickhead. I looked away from Billy and leant my head against his shoulder. When I looked back a few moments later he was staring at the sky again, looking at the stars.

"You like them don't you?" I broke away from his hold and stood in front of him.

"Like what?" He tilted his head and frowned.

"The stars." I pointed up for emphasis.

"I guess." He shrugged.

"You don't have to play it cool Goldilocks. Come on," I took his hand and walked around the front of the car.

"What did you just call me?" He laughed. I climbed onto the bonnet and lay with my back to the windscreen.

"Goldilocks." I chuckled at the nickname I had given him the first time I saw him. He pulled himself onto the bonnet and lay beside me. "It's a nickname I gave you before I knew your actual name."

"Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?" His head was tilted back again and his eyes were scanning the sky.

"Don't use words you can't spell." He gave me a look from the corner of his eye and I grinned. We sat in silence for a while, Billy still looking at the stars. "That's Orion." I pointed, breaking the silence.

"What?"

"See those three bright stars in a line?" I continued.

"Yeah."

"That's his belt, and that one up there, that's the tip of his sword. He's nicknamed 'the hunter'."

"Did you just make that up?" Billy looked at me, his mouth slightly open.