26•

"It's a surprise." I smacked Billy's hand away from the duffel bag on my lap. The dance started in an hour and he picked me up early so I could get changed at his house.

"Come on just let me see." He begged as he reached for the bag.

"No way." I jumped to my feet and held the bag behind my back. "You'll see when I put it on. Besides, it's not that nice anyway."

"Bullshit." He got up and stood in front of me. "Everything looks nice on you." His voice was quiet and he placed his hands on my ass.

"Nice try." I smirked, jerking the bag away just as he made to snatch it. "Patience Hargrove."

"Evie." He groaned, flopping back down on his bed. I laughed as I left his room and knocked on Max's door.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah." I heard the young girls voice through the wood and I opened the door. She was dressed in simple but pretty clothes and her hair was in a small twist.

"You ready for some make-up?" I grinned. Max gave me a small smile before sitting on the bed and patting beside her.

"Not too much okay?"

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." I painted some eyeshadow on her eyelids and gave her some mascara. "Lipgloss and that's it." I smiled as I put some on her lips.

"Thanks Evie." She looked in the mirror and beamed.

"Lucas will love it."

"Get out!" Max laughed.

"I don't hear you denying it." I grinned.

"Evie!" She exclaimed, throwing a cushion for good measure.

I sniggered to myself as I walked out of her room and into the bathroom to get ready.

I had brought a blue dress that I had worn to my mother's fortieth as I didn't really see the point in buying another one. When I had myself all zipped up I did some quick eyeshadow and mascara before running my hands through my hair and slipping into my heels. They were at least half the height of the ones I wore at Halloween, so my feet wouldn't suffer too badly.

"Ho-ly shit." Billy whistled when I walked into his room. He stood up and took my bag of clothes from my hand and threw it on the floor. "You know," he walked me back so I was pressed against the wall, "we might just have to stay here tonight."

"I can't miss the dance Billy."

"Screw the dance." He mumbled as he kissed my neck. "It's more fun here with me." I wrapped my arms around his neck when he kissed me. It was definitely more fun here with him.

"Trust me, I'd love to stay here, but we really have to go." I gently removed his hands from my hips and gave him a peck on the cheek. He let out a long sigh before moving out of my way. I
moved past him and picked up my clothes bag and walked out of his room. Fucking hell that was tempting. "You coming?" I called to him when he didn't come directly behind me.

"You look beautiful." Susan smiled when I walked into the kitchen.

"Thank you." She was so nice to me.

"Yeah, wow." Max grinned from her place by the front door. Billy appeared with jacket in hand and opened it.

"You two match," Susan said, "it's lovely." I looked between my blue dress and Billy's blue shirt and smiled.

"Yeah, adorable." Billy sighed. I walked out the door and he stopped on the porch. "You coming shitbird?"
Max marched out of the house and closed the door behind her.