16•

"So what's the deal with you and Harrington?" He asked as we lay there, breaking the silence.

"You really wanna do this now?" I said frowning. Why was he so bothered by Steve?

"Yeah." He shrugged.

"He's my best friend, has been since we were kids. We dated for a little before he got with Nancy but it didn't work out." I could feel Billy's body tense. What did he expect me to say?

"And that's it? It just ended?"

"Yes Billy," this guy really didn't know how to give up, "he's more like a brother to me anyway." He sat quiet for a while, to a point where I thought he fell asleep, only to realise he hadn't when he began tracing small circles on my hip with his finger.

"Did you fuck?" He mumbled. I stayed quiet. Was this a test or something?

I sighed, "yes, we were trying new things and like I said, it didn't work out." Again he stayed quiet. "Why?"

Billy took a deep breath before letting it go. "The asshole still loves you, I can see it on his stupid fucking face every time he looks at you."

"Wether that's true or not, it doesn't matter. I'm yours and he knows that." Billy pulled me closer as I said this. Yes, I loved Steve, but it was so different compared to how I felt with Billy.

Unexpectedly, Max walked into the doorway of Billy's room and I've never been more thankful for bed sheets in all my life.

"Billy do you know-" she froze, taking in the situation before averting her eyes.

"When did you get here?"
"Max what the fuck!" Billy and I said in unison. Max immediately turned her back to us.

"Like ten minutes ago and sorry!" She yelled before closing the door behind her. I instantly burst out laughing and Billy leant his head back on the headboard.

"Murder. I'm going to fucking murder her someday," He groaned, "and stop laughing."

"You both had the exact same facial expression." I wheezed, burying my head in his chest.

"Come on," he smirked, "help me bench ."

"You don't need help."

"You tired me out." He winked as he got dressed.

"You are unbelievable." I said, doing the same. When we were presentable, we left his room and went into the living room. He lay down on the bench press and started lifting. I stood by his head, ready to lift the weight if he dropped it so he wouldn't choke himself to death.

"Go switch on the Tv." He nodded to the box in the corner as he took a rest. I walked over and found the music channel, 'Round and round' by Ratt played as he stood up, lit a cigarette and lifted another weight.

"Enjoying the view?" He said with his signature shit eating grin plastered on his face. I guess he caught me staring. Ironic. I rolled my eyes, making him smirk, and walked over to help him transition back into benching. Just then the doorbell rang. Billy sighed as he continued to lift the weights.

"You want me to get that?"

"No," he then set the weight down and took a drag of his cigarette, "Max are you getting that?" He yelled. I heard her shout from her room that she was coming and Billy stood up, lifting weights normally. "I swear to god Max!" He shouted just as she stormed past us and opened the door.

I saw Lucas on the other side and Max looked at Billy worriedly before stepping outside and closing the door. What were they up to? After a moment of her standing outside, Billy stood up, opened a beer and started walking towards the door. Shit. I stood behind him, willing Lucas to go away. Suddenly Max came back inside and closed the door.

"The hell were you talking to?" Billy asked as he blocked her way. She stood there for a second panicking, before I stuck my hands up in a praying motion.

"Mormons."

"Mormons?" Billy said, squinting.

"Talkative ones." She nodded before slipping past us and down the hall, but not before giving me a small smile. Billy still opened the door anyway to check if anyone was there but of course, there wasn't.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I said as I made my way down to Max's room. As I stood in the doorway I saw her climbing out the window.

"What's going on?" I asked in a quiet tone. She whipped her head around, revealing Lucas on a bike outside.

"The monsters are back, meet us at the junkyard." He said before speeding off with Max on the back of his bike.

"Fuck." I groaned out loud. This could not be happening again. This really could not be fucking happening again.

I sighed and walked back into the living room. "I have to go." I said to Billy as I grabbed my jacket.

"What, why?" He frowned, taking another drink of beer.

"I'm not feeling too good," I said, trying my best to put on a 'sick face', "I'll see you later okay?"

"Fine, meet me at the corner of acre street by the arcade at nine."

"Okay I'll be there." I smiled, that's if I'll still be alive by then. I opened the front door and Billy came after me, standing on the porch. He watched as I opened my car door.

"Evie-"

"I really have to go Billy." I gave him a reassuring nod before speeding in the direction of the junkyard. I had no music on, overtaking car after car, to get to the junkyard as quickly as possible. This could not be fucking happening.