7•

I was lying on a couch sprawled out with my near empty bottle of vodka on the floor next to me. I was definitely drunk, or 'shitfaced' as Steve would say. I know this because everyone had blurred together into one big blob and the lights in the house were burning my eyes with the force of a thousand suns.

I came to terms that I couldn't stay on the couch forever so I pulled myself to my feet and half walked, half staggered to the kitchen. I saw Steve and Nancy dancing together and damn they looked adorable, even though I thought they were going to break up after everything that happened.

"Hi Nance." I yelled over the music.

"Evie!" She smiled, giving me a hug. "I missed you today."

"I missed you too! Also hi Steven!" I said as I poked him in the chest.

"Please tell me you didn't drink all that vodka." He laughed.

"Only a teeny bit." I whispered as I leant against the closest wall. I turned to Nancy and whispered in her ear."I drank a whole bottle but don't tell Steve." She burst out laughing at me and I grinned.

"Right I'm obviously the soberest one here so Evie you can get a lift home with us and come get your car tomorrow." Steve said, pinching the brow of his nose.

"Thank you Steven." I smiled, making Nancy laugh again.

"You know what, I'm getting another drink." She laughed.

"No you can't drink the punch Nancy!" I whined while smiling.

"It's good." She called as she walked over to the bowl a few feet away. Steve sighed as he followed her. I could see him trying to pull her away from the bowl but she just kept going back. He tried to take a large cup of punch out of her hand but it ended up spilling all down her front. Everyone went quiet as she ran to what I presume was the bathroom, Steve in tow. That definitely wasn't good.

I pushed through the crowd and smiled at Johnathan on my way out to my car to get the second bottle of vodka. I opened it and took a large drink, It still tasted like bathwater no matter how drunk I got.

I went back into the house and sat on the opposite couch. I was staring at the ground when two cowboy boots came into view. I looked up and saw Billy's shit eating grin looking down at me.

"You alright sweetheart?" He smirked before sitting down next to me and lighting a cigarette.

"I'm on cloud nine." I mumbled, taking another drink. I turned to face him and took the cigarette from his mouth. I took a large draw before blowing it into the air and placing it back between his lips. "And I thought we had a deal Hargrove."

"And what would that be?" He asked, moving closer to me.

"That I told you my name so you wouldn't call me any stupid nicknames." I poked his bare chest when I said this, making him laugh.

"Alright Evelyn, you win."

"Evie!" I half shouted, half slurred, "You sound like my dad."

"Alright, Evie." The way my name rolled off his tongue sounded nice. He licked his lips and put his arm around my shoulders.
"What do you say about taking a ride home with me tonight? "

"Well I don't know where you live but we are both very shitfaced and I don't wanna die in a car wreck," I paused to rub my sore feet through my shoes, "and I'm not walking in these stupid heels."

"I'm not 'shitfaced' Princess, you on the other hand, are very." He said laughing.

"Billy stop," I groaned at the nickname, "and I saw you, 'Mr keg king'."

"Takes a lot more than that to get me wasted, so what do you say?"

I stopped rubbing my feet, looked up at him and sighed. "No thanks, I have a ride home with Steve and we're coming to get my car tomorrow."

"Oh you mean Harrington, as in Harrington who sped away from here twenty minutes ago?"

"Fuck." I groaned leaning back on the couch. I didn't want to let Billy drive me home but I also didn't want to drive my own car home because I'd crash it and die for sure. I looked over at him and he still had that shit eating grin on his face. Bastard.

"That a yes?"

I rolled my eyes at his cocky attitude and slumped down in the couch. "Fine."