12•

The world was spinning as I rested my forehead against the steering wheel. I felt like I was going to explode.

I crawled out of my car and stood up, not caring for the strange look I got from a middle aged woman getting into her car. Fuck her, my life was going to shit and I wasn't exactly in the mood to skip about the place.

I kept my head low as I walked into the liquor store, grabbing another quarter bottle of vodka and walking up to the cash register. The boy behind it looked a little older than me and stared at me, mouth agape for the whole two minutes of our interaction.

When I got back into my car, I sighed. My face had stopped bleeding, but Billy's shirt was covered in blood and my hair resembled an unkempt bush. I opened the bottle and took a large gulp, shivering at the taste. Definitely tasted like bathwater. I don't know how long I sat there, just looking at the ground, but when I came back down to earth and looked at the dash, it was seven p.m. I turned on my mix tape and tapped my foot to 'brain shake' by AC/DC as I pulled out of the parking lot. I drove as fast as I could, taking another gulp of the vodka and lighting up a cigarette.

After driving around town for a while, I somehow ended up at Billy's. I pulled up outside and smoked the rest of my cigarette before finishing half the bottle of liquor. I walked up the front steps, careful not to trip and get anymore injuries, before knocking the door. He took a few minutes to open it but when he did, his face contorted into a look of horror.

"What the fuck happened to you?" He exclaimed, moving out of the way to let me inside.

"I know right? It's bullshit!" I turned around and sat on the floor.

"Get off the floor." He said this while crossing his arms. I just shook my head and started to snigger. "Get the fuck off the floor Evie." He moved his head to the side, turning my snigger into a full blown laugh. "What's so fucking funny?"

"Every time you-" I let out a loud cackle, "every time you shout the front of your mullet does a little wiggle." At this point I was lying flat on my back laughing. Billy just stood there staring at me as if I was crazy. He pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a loud sigh. He walked over behind me and put his hands under my arms, dragging me backwards.

"Where are we going?" I tilted my head back to look at him.

"To clean you up." He mumbled.

"Wait stop the ride!" I yelled just as we entered the bathroom.

"Evie I swear to God-" I cut him off by rolling over onto my stomach and wrapping my arms around his leg. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Giving your leg a hug." I grinned.

"My leg doesn't need a-" he cut himself off and leant down to try and pry my arms off his leg, "get off or I'll-"

"You'll what?" I butted in as I let go. He let out another loud sigh before helping me up.

"Sit on the edge of the bathtub." I nodded and jumped on the edge, almost falling in the tub before Billy grabbed my shoulder. "I said sit, not fucking nose dive."

He got some things out from under the sink and started cleaning my face. His face was masked with concentration, his blue eyes squinting every now and again making sure he cleaned everything up. We sat in silence for a while until a thought came into my brain.

"Uh, Billy?"

"Yeah?" He replied as he turned around to bin the bloody rag as I started to take off his bloody t-shirt.

"I don't think this is gonna wash out." I said, handing it to him. He looked at my body before turning away. "Put the shirt back on."

"Why?" I frowned, "it's dirty, besides, I'm sure you've seen plenty of girls shirtless before."

"But you're not those girls Evie, and you're drunk and hurt so just put the fucking shirt back on before I do it for you." He was still facing away from me so I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"What if I want you to." I leant my cheek on his back. He groaned and tore my arms from around his waist and left the bathroom.

"You don't."